Can you sell a pay monthly sim card?

Found 10th Sep 2011
For example with some of the deals on contracts and cashback:

HTC Sensation = 12x36 = £432.
Sell phone on ebay for £432.

You have a sim card with large monthly allowances ie 1000mins, 500 texts, data. Surely this is worth value and selling this would make you in profit?

Because the contract would be taken from bank account, there would need to be some lock on the buyer not exceeding the allowances and making bills larger than expected.

I don't think this is possible?
Community Updates
14 Comments
no one on this planet would be interested in this,
Original Poster
You wouldn't buy a sim card with 500 texts, 500 minutes and data for 12 months for a price?
"Because the contract would be taken from bank account, there would need to be some lock on the buyer not exceeding the allowances and making bills larger than expected."

I don't think this is possible?

I will buy it off you, and i promise not to make calls to Asia and Babestation
Original Poster
is there not a way to lock the bill/allowances?
grambo

Yes ,when the person you sell it to rapes your Sim and the network lock it because you haven't paid your £3827. 43p exc VAT bill

You seeing your first bill V V V

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu90/vanessa68_2009/Macros%20and%20gifs/kramer.gif

Edited by: "simplex" 10th Sep 2011
grambo

You can't lock it down for everything (i.e. calls, texts and data). Maybe some networks let you stop calls to premium numbers, but they want you to go over your allowance because it makes them money!
Original Poster
ok thanks for the serious replies
grambo

ok thanks for the serious replies

No problem
You can transfer the whole account to another person. They would have to pass a credit check though. This way you are no longer responsible in any way for the contract and payments.
tpol

You can transfer the whole account to another person. They would have to … You can transfer the whole account to another person. They would have to pass a credit check though. This way you are no longer responsible in any way for the contract and payments.

Orange are the only network still allowing a customer account transfer. All the rest (I'm told ) have dropped it.
Sometimes there are thoughts and ideas that enter your brain that should be kept there and never mentioned to anyone.
If i had a Sim like that what would i do, hmmmmm......
Everytime an apeal for RSPCA, Africa appeal, NSPC appeal or adopt a donkey by texting and giving £5 via text came on TV i would have to give, cos i that kind of guy
Yes you can sell your monthly partner card.

Once you have found the person to take the contract over, just call supplier and change the direct debit payment to the other person
deleted265520
giulia23

Yes you can sell your monthly partner card.Once you have found the person … Yes you can sell your monthly partner card.Once you have found the person to take the contract over, just call supplier and change the direct debit payment to the other person

necro bump galore
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants