Can you share sky go?

Found 22nd Mar 2015
If you have sky sports you can watch sports channels using Sky Go app for £5 pm. Anyone know if this can be shared?

I don't have sky, but would like the sky go subscription if anyone is willing to share or allocate me device for a price. Thanks

1. Ask
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Sky
3 Comments

I'm sure you'll need people's sky account details. not sure you would get many people offering them to someone they don't know. plus sky go is supposedly for the account holder only.
but good luck anyway

Original Poster

Comment

STRICKIBHOY

I'm sure you'll need people's sky account details. not sure you would get … I'm sure you'll need people's sky account details. not sure you would get many people offering them to someone they don't know. plus sky go is supposedly for the account holder only.but good luck anyway

Probably won't go ahead if it is the case, but just assumed it could be matter of putting in a pin or something on the chosen device.

You can create up to 9 guest accounts for use with Sky Go, despite the fact the limit is 2 devices with Sky Go and (IIRC) only 4 with Sky Go Extra.

There is a warning in the My Account area about guest accounts and what (potentially) personal information they can view by logging into My Account as your guest.

It should therefore be possible to grant you access, presumably as the guest you cannot hijack the account completely, but still....I doubt many people would risk it for you.

I have thought about doing it - adding Sports and splitting the costs with friends, but nobody could agree who got it on the TV and who got the raw deal with having to stream it online with the app.
Post a comment
@
    Text