EXPIRED

Can you suggest a good Android TV Box for under £100

Hi

I am not good with Tech! So want something that's preloaded and plug and play!

Want an android TV Box to run XBMC (Kodi), Netflix,Showbox,movies and TV Shows and watch free Sports Channels if available.
I also prefer to connect it with a wired connection as wifi is rubbish in the house.

Any suggestions or experience with good ones?

16 Comments

Tronsmart M8

Check eBay for fully cracked ones with XBMC running on them.
Edited by: "jimmyd4ng3r" 16th Dec 2014

give these a ring tell them what you want to do and they will give you a price
after sales support is second to none

droidsticks.co.uk/

Are these running android or do they require an android device to stream to them?

I have bought Matricom G-Box MX2 in the past and referred my family to buying one. >>Click Here<< Plenty of support videos on youtube for all xbmc related questions too!!

The have them on ebay and amazon, just ask the seller if they can preload plugins for what you need but i mainly use 1channel (tv shows) movie 25 (movies) sports devil (sports) and navi X as a backup for all 3. Also kids love the youtube plugin . . can't beat watching peppa pig and little kingdom on a 47" TV compared to a phone lol:{

Hubby bought this one back in February and never had an issue, even i can use it lol. Easy to set up and been able to get everything we want on it!

amazon.co.uk/Xst…ZIW

Don't believe I'm the first to say Fire TV and side load. £69

Original Poster

pat915m

Don't believe I'm the first to say Fire TV and side load. £69

Side load Sportsdevil,Showbox,etc as well?!

jfowler

Side load Sportsdevil,Showbox,etc as well?!

Yeah.

Original Poster

So almost any android box can have the apps loaded, am I right?

Can anyone compare the matricom, tronsmart and kindle fire/ There are so many available on ebay ranging for £60 odd to double that.
All I want to do is watch tv serials, movie and football! Any help?

How safe is it to sideload apps which require all sort of permissions to a kindle fire tv which would have access to your amazon account? I mean with the other boxes I could run them without any credit card details,isn't it ? Apologies if the questions sound silly!!

jfowler

So almost any android box can have the apps loaded, am I right?Can anyone … So almost any android box can have the apps loaded, am I right?Can anyone compare the matricom, tronsmart and kindle fire/ There are so many available on ebay ranging for £60 odd to double that.All I want to do is watch tv serials, movie and football! Any help?How safe is it to sideload apps which require all sort of permissions to a kindle fire tv which would have access to your amazon account? I mean with the other boxes I could run them without any credit card details,isn't it ? Apologies if the questions sound silly!!

Hmm, a lot of variables here. If the Android device allows unsafe sideloading (in the settings) you can sideload anything that's compatible with that version of Android. And if it doesn't, you could probably do it via ADB anyway.
Safety, well, it depends on the application.
Edited by: "rev6" 16th Dec 2014

ninegt

give these a ring tell them what you want to do and they will give you a … give these a ring tell them what you want to do and they will give you a price after sales support is second to none http://www.droidsticks.co.uk/

Just be AWARE with 'droidsticks':

Contact telephone is a 09 number and costs £1.53 plus network charges per minute!!!!!!

That ladies and Gentlemen is a rip-off imho!

jfowler

HiI am not good with Tech! So want something that's preloaded and plug … HiI am not good with Tech! So want something that's preloaded and plug and play!Want an android TV Box to run XBMC (Kodi), Netflix,Showbox,movies and TV Shows and watch free Sports Channels if available. I also prefer to connect it with a wired connection as wifi is rubbish in the house.Any suggestions or experience with good ones?

TRANSLATION

"I'm not a techie, but I hear of lots of techie people not paying for movies / TV shows / sports channels using the internet and complicated sounding boxes under the TV

Please can someone point me at a consumer-grade box that is setup beforehand so I can illegally watch all this stuff too? I have looked at the alternatives, but they cost money to use and I don't like paying for stuff"

Dont take this personally, but I get these requests all the time, usually from people who ask if I can get hold of the "dodgy boxes" that let them "watch all the channels for free"... oO They also:

1. Dont care that it isnt strictly legal
2. Expect a "Sky Box" level of Finesse in the program guide
3. Cant be bothered in the configuration changes often involved when "Free Service A" finally gets shut down and "Free Service B" appears.... meaning they either throw it in a cupboard or hassle their techie mate (i.e - me) to "make it work".

Please, make the life of techies everywhere easier.... Just buy an Amazon FireTV / Roku / NowTV / AppleTV, use the MANY legit streaming services for a few quid a month and save yourself the hassle...

Edited by: "sniperpenguin" 18th Dec 2014

Get a job,save up and pay legitimate sources.if sky bt etc

Try these guys, have been using their box from last 8 months, great quality and good customer service.

www.monkeytv.co.uk

Point to note. I find kodi not very reliable. Use mft installer
Edited by: "MarkyN" 25th Sep 2016

My M8S is great for movies and tv shows , and is ok for sky tv when its not busy .
But as soon as there is a match on sky or boxing , it never stops buffering , now it never buffers when there is a crap program on , only when a popular program like football ect.
And i have all the best addons and updates . so not reliable for tv
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44
    2. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88
    3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
    4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33

See more discussions