Can you take a razor blade on an easyjet flight in hand luggage?

Found 18th Oct 2015
Went into Asda and found one of them mens travel kits that has the shower gel, face balm and razor blade and on it it said suitable for hand luggage but on the easyjet website it says you can't take a razor blade in hand luggage? Anyone know whether you can or can't?

Something like a gillette mach 3/fusion. Only taking the one blade that comes with it.

Thanks
Community Updates
13 Comments
The UK government doesn't have any restrictions on disposable razors in hand luggage so you shouldn't have any issues getting through security.

gov.uk/han…ems
Regardless of the "UK Government" restrictions, if Easyjet say you can't, then you can't. Their restrictions are in addition to the others. And you abide by Easyjets booking condition's.
Here's what they say you can't bring on their flights:

Pointed/Edged Weapons and Sharp Objects such as axes, hatchets, arrows, darts, crampons, harpoons, spears, ice axes and ice picks, ice skates, meat cleavers, household cutlery, knives with blades of any length and machetes, ski and walking/hiking poles, razor blades and scalpels, trademen’s tools, sabres, swords and swordsticks, scissors, hypodermic syringes (unless supported by medical evidence).

Don't want to waste money on razor blades to take with me if they're not allowed on the flight
I've not flown with easy jet but I've had a disposable razor with me on flights for several other airlines and never had any issues.
disposable razors are allowed - it is the double edge ones that are not

I know from many years of flying experience

BTW I carry a cork screw and a Edwin Jaggger DE razor with me and have only ever been stopped once in five plus years of travel !

EliTom
Edited by: "elitom" 18th Oct 2015
Cartridges are not a problem at all. I fly every other week for work, never faced any issues.
Thanks elitom and bozo007
It will be fine next to the Hand Grenade and TNT don't worry!
Rich069

Regardless of the "UK Government" restrictions, if Easyjet say you can't, … Regardless of the "UK Government" restrictions, if Easyjet say you can't, then you can't. Their restrictions are in addition to the others. And you abide by Easyjets booking condition's.

Everyone goes through the same security checkpoint though which is controlled by the airport and goes by the UK governments rules, the only way OP will get stopped is if Easyjet are paying for additional searchers at the gate which is only usually done for flights to the USA.
sparky111091

Everyone goes through the same security checkpoint though which is … Everyone goes through the same security checkpoint though which is controlled by the airport and goes by the UK governments rules, the only way OP will get stopped is if Easyjet are paying for additional searchers at the gate which is only usually done for flights to the USA.

​That may well be the case, and everything that's been said may well be true to. However, if for any reason Easyjet did discover you had them, and it was against their policy, and stopped you boarding,you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

It's like saying, everyone elses last check in time is 30 mins before when (for arguments sake) easyjets is 60 mins, and turning up 30 mins before, and expecting to get on.

You take a chance when your going against something you've agreed with when booking. Maybe get something in writing to cover yourself- but at the end of the day, disposables arnt that expensive, and not the end of the world if you have to bin them.
I didn't think you were allowed to take things like razor blades, tweezers, scissors on the plane as hand luggage For a long time now. Always think it's strange they sell things like these at boots stores (after security) though!
Dont get why you need to. Do you seriously need to get a shave on board X)
Beard must grow as fast as santas does on xmas eve.
Can you take knitting needles?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions