Expired

Can you take food in bought from elsewhere into cineworld??

Found 1st Jan 2014
Cineworld do viewing quite often for kids at £1 which is a bargain. But then when you buy food and drinks from their it all adds up. My question is CAN you bring food in from outside or do you HAVE to buy from the venue? thanks

27 Comments

No unless you smuggle it in

I always take my own food and drink in never had a problem

you can take food in, I've done it before, seen other people do it before, even bags of McDonalds!

found this on the website, not sure if its much help:
Can I bring in my own food and drink?
Cineworld have a strict NO HOT FOOD OR ALCOHOL policy. We reserve the right to refuse customers entry into the screens with hot food or alcohol bought outside the premises. All our cinemas display the necessary signage, advising customers of this policy.

As a food operator we offer a wide range of drinks and snacks to satisfy our customers but also protect our cinema furnishings and customers clothing. Not all movie-goers are considerate of others in their snack choices and we have needed to set clearer guidelines on what is appropriate.

yes you can aslong as its not hot food or alcohol, I do It every time I go

I used to regularly take in a Doner Kebab and chips to the late night showing at the cinema.

Original Poster

mrsbargainhunter2011

found this on the website, not sure if its much help:Can I bring in my … found this on the website, not sure if its much help:Can I bring in my own food and drink?Cineworld have a strict NO HOT FOOD OR ALCOHOL policy. We reserve the right to refuse customers entry into the screens with hot food or alcohol bought outside the premises. All our cinemas display the necessary signage, advising customers of this policy.As a food operator we offer a wide range of drinks and snacks to satisfy our customers but also protect our cinema furnishings and customers clothing. Not all movie-goers are considerate of others in their snack choices and we have needed to set clearer guidelines on what is appropriate.

Ok from reading that it looks reassuring that you can then. Didn't want to get 'pulled over' for taking munchies in. Thanks

mrsbargainhunter2011

found this on the website, not sure if its much help:Can I bring in my … found this on the website, not sure if its much help:Can I bring in my own food and drink?Cineworld have a strict NO HOT FOOD OR ALCOHOL policy. We reserve the right to refuse customers entry into the screens with hot food or alcohol bought outside the premises. All our cinemas display the necessary signage, advising customers of this policy.As a food operator we offer a wide range of drinks and snacks to satisfy our customers but also protect our cinema furnishings and customers clothing. Not all movie-goers are considerate of others in their snack choices and we have needed to set clearer guidelines on what is appropriate.

By the looks of it, cold foods & regular cold/hot drinks (non-alcoholic) are OK. Make a print out of the T&C's for next time just in case you get refused.

So Crunchy Nut Cornflakes & milk in a lunch box are OK. X)

I always do see the article on BBC watchdog bbc.co.uk/pro…ing

I always used to wear my coat with VERY large pockets! (_;)

Seriously though, most cinema's would probably frown upon patrons taking in their own consumables but it's probably down to a member of staff either being bothered or brave enough to push company policy. Also whether you want to boldly walk in carrying food/drink and run the risk of an 'altercation' and looking silly getting ejected. Something tells me that if you tried to argue your case against their policy - you wouldn't win.

Me? I always preferred smuggling in some munchies and saving me (and the staff) from any embarrassment. I think if you also had kiddies involved, they may be very upset if there's any fuss or chance of not getting to see a movie. Not worth the headache/tantrums maybe?

i've been told i cannot take a starbucks in before, it's common knowledge that cinemas make no money from tickets, only the concessions, so of course they're not going to let people take in cheaper food from outside.

whether the min wage student on the door actually stops you doing it is another matter. however, if you're not waiving around in their face you should be able to get away with it, as i do.

You won't get stopped unless you're taking in booze or a takeaway as others have said. Asked a cinema manager.
Edited by: "edandhen" 1st Jan 2014

We always take our own I smuggle them in my large handbag but my kids tend to carry theirs in hand held high with goodys they pack into transparant food bags and have no probs.

When I take the kids I always stick food n sweets into yore kids' rucksack, and never had a problem. They would have to be a real Nazi, too pen up a kids rucksack to check...which is probably why most won't

Chumba_Wumba

When I take the kids I always stick food n sweets into yore kids' … When I take the kids I always stick food n sweets into yore kids' rucksack, and never had a problem. They would have to be a real Nazi, too pen up a kids rucksack to check...which is probably why most won't

why is that nazi? they have every right to take kids sweets. i got asked to dump my starbucks at the bingo hall the other night. and yes i was annoyed, but i'm in their house so it's their rules.

always take own goodies in handbag , never challenged and eat without any guilt or fear . will not pay double or plus price of other shops in the cinema for their goodies

I bought Millie's cookies once to eat during the movie, I didn't know you cannot take food in so I managed to walk into the screen without anyone saying anything so I assumed its okay. Anyway halfway through the movie some guy flashes a tourch light and tells me you can't eat them here, he took them and told me it will be with the people who sells the tickets. Went there to pick it up after the movie and found it left open when I closed it. So now I couldn't even eat it! A55holrs cineworld trocodero!

Edited by: "MR1123" 1st Jan 2014

As long as you follow the wittertainment code of conduct, you'll be fine. Makes me laugh that they're worried about their furnishings. My local world of cine sells trays of nachos with salsa and guacamole! The noisiest, messiest food. Breaks every law in the book if you ask me.

fuhu78888

why is that nazi? they have every right to take kids sweets. i got asked … why is that nazi? they have every right to take kids sweets. i got asked to dump my starbucks at the bingo hall the other night. and yes i was annoyed, but i'm in their house so it's their rules.

...errr no they don't actually, they restrict 'hot food & alcohol', according to "their own rules"....so they do not have any right to take my children's sweets. The fact that you could even begin to think that taking a child's sweets, is morally right on any level, speaks volumes about your own nature. I'm guessing that when you got asked to dump the coffee, that they suggested you do it 'over your own head', after they were won over by your charm-less attitude and caring manner.
To give you credit, you seem to have a healthy respect for the house rules, when it suits you to. Although I'm guessing that doesn't quite bring its own avalanche of invitations. Never mind, if I bump into you, I'll buy you a coffee, and if we happen to be in a cineworld cinema....I might even be able to get us into the cinema with them......assuming I can cunningly convince them that it is neither hot food, nor alcohol, and further convince them that they are not a restaurant, or a bar, but in fact a theatre establishment designed to deliver film content to potential paying viewers.

Until then to you....
Good Luck, & Happy New Year !

Chumba_Wumba

...errr no they don't actually, they restrict 'hot food & alcohol', … ...errr no they don't actually, they restrict 'hot food & alcohol', according to "their own rules"....so they do not have any right to take my children's sweets. The fact that you could even begin to think that taking a child's sweets, is morally right on any level, speaks volumes about your own nature. I'm guessing that when you got asked to dump the coffee, that they suggested you do it 'over your own head', after they were won over by your charm-less attitude and caring manner. To give you credit, you seem to have a healthy respect for the house rules, when it suits you to. Although I'm guessing that doesn't quite bring its own avalanche of invitations. Never mind, if I bump into you, I'll buy you a coffee, and if we happen to be in a cineworld cinema....I might even be able to get us into the cinema with them......assuming I can cunningly convince them that it is neither hot food, nor alcohol, and further convince them that they are not a restaurant, or a bar, but in fact a theatre establishment designed to deliver film content to potential paying viewers.Until then to you....Good Luck, & Happy New Year !

that's fine - you are quoting cineworld's rules, i am quoting any other/most other cinema's rules on the planet. does not make me charm-less or miserly, just stating facts.

good day to you sir/ma'am

fuhu78888

that's fine - you are quoting cineworld's rules, i am quoting any … that's fine - you are quoting cineworld's rules, i am quoting any other/most other cinema's rules on the planet. does not make me charm-less or miserly, just stating facts.good day to you sir/ma'am

ps: see comments above confirm my point - people having food taken off them IN THE MIDDLE of a showing!

fuhu78888

that's fine - you are quoting cineworld's rules, i am quoting any … that's fine - you are quoting cineworld's rules, i am quoting any other/most other cinema's rules on the planet. does not make me charm-less or miserly, just stating facts.good day to you sir/ma'am

and if the little buggers are going to start pelting their sweets everywhere, n crunching on em while i'm trying to watch a damn movie with my hard earned cash then i not only accept them having their sweets revoked, i applaud it!!!!

I used to work in a cinema, though not cineworld, and no one ever took food from anyone. People trying to bring in bags of chips and the like were asked to eat them before they came in mainly because of the smell and mess - it's easier to sweep up popcorn than clean grease off a seat in the few mins between performances.
The buildings are private property not public places and there will be notices up explaining that they reserve the right to refuse admission or ask you to leave, but this is usually for causing a disturbance to other customers.
OP don't worry, take your own food, everyone does.

tomdavidrichards

yes you can aslong as its not hot food or alcohol, I do It every time I go

Damn there goes taking a Toby Carvery

Chumba_Wumba

...errr no they don't actually, they restrict 'hot food & alcohol', … ...errr no they don't actually, they restrict 'hot food & alcohol', according to "their own rules"....so they do not have any right to take my children's sweets. The fact that you could even begin to think that taking a child's sweets, is morally right on any level, speaks volumes about your own nature. I'm guessing that when you got asked to dump the coffee, that they suggested you do it 'over your own head', after they were won over by your charm-less attitude and caring manner. To give you credit, you seem to have a healthy respect for the house rules, when it suits you to. Although I'm guessing that doesn't quite bring its own avalanche of invitations. Never mind, if I bump into you, I'll buy you a coffee, and if we happen to be in a cineworld cinema....I might even be able to get us into the cinema with them......assuming I can cunningly convince them that it is neither hot food, nor alcohol, and further convince them that they are not a restaurant, or a bar, but in fact a theatre establishment designed to deliver film content to potential paying viewers.Until then to you....Good Luck, & Happy New Year !

How long has a star bucks coffee been hot food?

cheapskate100

How long has a star bucks coffee been hot food?

...duh......that was actually the point that I was making !

Chumba_Wumba

...duh......that was actually the point that I was making !

I know I was being sarcastic. Sorry
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants