Can you take portable battery for mobiles onto plane?

Found 4th Dec 2017Edited by:"Quicklite"
Hi guys - got a short Ryanair flight abroad (won't get baggage).

Tempted to grab this Anker PowerCore 20100 and take it with with me (got a smaller version with 1/4 capacity - that runs out too quickly!) Thought to ask if the 20100 is allowed on flights? (a few people on Amazon has mentioned that it is - would be a shame if it's not :P ).

amazon.co.uk/Ank…ery
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
According to Ryanair's website you can take lithium ion battery-powered devices that do not exceed 160 watt hours.
I believe your power bank is 96.48 watt hours which will be ok to fly with in your hand luggage. (However most airlines won't take power banks that exceed 100 watt hours)
worked out as follows 20100mAh times 4.8 divided by 1000 = 96.48 watt hours
I have a couple of powerbanks (not sure of the capacity though) which I have regularly taken with me in hand baggage and it has never been questioned.
I agree, flown 6 (3 were Ryanair) times this year to various European destinations and never been questioned, I do always take the powerbank out though and put it through security separately, with my phone and tablet etc.
Skaman42 m ago

I agree, flown 6 (3 were Ryanair) times this year to various European …I agree, flown 6 (3 were Ryanair) times this year to various European destinations and never been questioned, I do always take the powerbank out though and put it through security separately, with my phone and tablet etc.

There's no need to take it out your bag.
Always taken mine on the plane. Left it in my hand bag. Never had problems
Some places are getting stricter on these, particularly outside of Europe. The two requirements are that it must be below the maximum stated value provided by the airline and that it has the power values stamped on the power bank to allow for it to be checked. If these have worn off and you don’t want to lose it don’t take it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions