Can you take unwanted gifts back to Argos?

Found 30th Dec 2011
Just wondered if anyone has any experience of returning an unwanted unused gift back to Argos? It's not one of their excluded products, bought about a week ago with a receipt. I would expect Argos are under no obligation to take something back as it is not faulty but has anyone any experience of returning items? I'd be happy with a credit note if need be.
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
If only they had this information on their receipts and website.
Give Argos customer services a call, I am sure you can. Just say you ended up with 2 on Christmas day.

I had a pressie that was doubled up on Crimbo day.. kids not communicating and all that. They accepted the return no problems however I had not opened it.
I think as long as a friend didnt get the item for you on a wild week in August and you have a receipt, it should be ok.
Edited by: "WoolyM" 30th Dec 2011
If its still sealed and you have proof of purchase you should have no problem getting a refund. If you have opened it your better to say its faulty. I always ask for a refund first but am usually prepared to take a credit note.

"cough cough", i took back a portable dvd player that was 8mths out of warrenty. it must be boxed and still have the argos cat number on it, all they do is look up the last selling price and refund/exchange. worked easy for me

focux007

If its still sealed and you have proof of purchase you should have no … If its still sealed and you have proof of purchase you should have no problem getting a refund. If you have opened it your better to say its faulty. I always ask for a refund first but am usually prepared to take a credit note.

All you can do is ask. Did your friend not give you a gift receipt?
What I don't like about Argos is.....

If you buy a new mobile, they unseal it, and a 57yr old housewife then checks the box 'to make sure everything is there'.

Now ur box is unsealed and cannot be refunded. Winds me up good and proper.
Edited by: "punkstoner1" 30th Dec 2011
I had radio 5 live on the other day and they was talking about people taking stuff back, and some bloke was looking into peoples consumer rights and he said if you had someone with you when you bought the item and then wanted to take it back if you took that person with you that was your proof of purchase X) well it was something like that he was on about .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants