Can you transfer Kindle Books or Amazon instant videos to another account?

Found 13th May 2015
I've got hundreds of pounds of credit at Amazon for Instant video or kindle, which frankly, I do not use at all. I get these very regularly and they just go to waste.

Is there anyway I can transfer these to a friend's account or "gift" them kindle books/instant videos?

Thanks
Community Updates
8 Comments
I would say no otherwise everybody would be swapping books etc and Amazon would make no money.
Original Poster
furbars

I would say no otherwise everybody would be swapping books etc and Amazon … I would say no otherwise everybody would be swapping books etc and Amazon would make no money.

But most people don't have so much credit. They actually pay for the books.
You can't but best to check with Amazon, do a web-chat it's easier
Kindle devices can be given, or moved to a new Amazon.com user account, but the ownership of the books does not "move" with the device.

Ownership of digital content remains with the purchasing account.

Amazon does have a 7 day grace period; that if you make a mistaken purchase of Kindle content, you can call and request a cancelation/refund for that order; but it has to be within 7 calendar days of the original purchase.
you can try this, originally from 2 years ago but may still work
echoebooks.com/blo…ift
incidentally, how did you end up with so much credit...any method of interest to us? thanks
Original Poster
DennisG

you can try this, originally from 2 years ago but may still … you can try this, originally from 2 years ago but may still workhttp://echoebooks.com/blog/160-giving-a-kindle-ebook-as-a-gift#.VZBz82BH3eQincidentally, how did you end up with so much credit...any method of interest to us? thanks

No that won't work unfortunately. That method involved spending money to buy an actual gift card and just putting an ebook cover on it, basically making it pointless. I just want to gift across my kindle credit which from it looks like, you can't do in the UK.

Not really tbh, I just buy a lot of stuff on Amazon to resell. Roughly around 50 orders a day, which raises up shed loads of credit. I've just been buying movies and any book I can find to avoid wasting it.

Thanks for the help though.
cron7

No that won't work unfortunately. That method involved spending money to … No that won't work unfortunately. That method involved spending money to buy an actual gift card and just putting an ebook cover on it, basically making it pointless. I just want to gift across my kindle credit which from it looks like, you can't do in the UK.Not really tbh, I just buy a lot of stuff on Amazon to resell. Roughly around 50 orders a day, which raises up shed loads of credit. I've just been buying movies and any book I can find to avoid wasting it.Thanks for the help though.

What can you buy on Amazon to resell to make a profit
Original Poster
allowed

What can you buy on Amazon to resell to make a profit

There are millions of items on Amazon. You have to do some research and find out.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants