Can you transfer number from Vodafone to Vodafone

As title.

14 Comments

Don't believe so, think you will have to transfer to another network then back again

Original Poster

dsutton21

Don't believe so, think you will have to transfer to another network then … Don't believe so, think you will have to transfer to another network then back again

What I want to do is transfer my current sim only contract on vodafone to a new sim only contract which is also on vodafone.

Would transfering to a pay as you go sim on another network and then transfering to the vodafone sim only contract work.

If you call or ask online you should be able to switch. In the past I have ended contacts and transfered directly to a sim only tariff. Sometimes they send a new sim card with once used activates and the old sim in made obsolete.

Usually not possible, I remember one carrier letting you do this but can't remember who it was.

If not then just get a 3 PAYG sim and transfer number there and then back out again.

Original Poster

kiish

Usually not possible, I remember one carrier letting you do this but … Usually not possible, I remember one carrier letting you do this but can't remember who it was.If not then just get a 3 PAYG sim and transfer number there and then back out again.

​Any reason why specifically three.

The networks don't like you doing it. It's getting a new customer deal without being a new customer.

As has been said, the normal way to get round it is to port out to another networks payg and then port back in to the new deal.

Banned

No it needs to be ported out first. And personal experience confirms Vodafone have a habit of messing up porting. I did exactly what you are proposing in April. It all seemed to go as planned and then for some unexplained reason they cancelled the port 2 weeks after I'd already ported back in and I was once again unable to receive calls for 2 weeks. (They did similar the previous year where they messed the port from O2 and I was without a phone for 6 weeks.)

I understand the temptation with the great cash back sim deals, but they can come with a higher price than expected.

Good luck.

Not sure about Vodafone, but when I got my note 7 I needed a nano sim, so took my old micro sim in, he swapped the number and it was done in 20mins

madridpaid_the_referee

​Any reason why specifically three.

Yeah you don't need to top up.

has to be ported out then ported back in.

Yes you can and its super easy look up their sim swapper or number swapper tool onlinr ive used it many times before.

Original Poster

ahmedbutt1

Yes you can and its super easy look up their sim swapper or number … Yes you can and its super easy look up their sim swapper or number swapper tool onlinr ive used it many times before.

​Will check this, thanks. This should save me the hassle of porting out to another network.

Original Poster

madridpaid_the_referee

​Will check this, thanks. This should save me the hassle of porting out t … ​Will check this, thanks. This should save me the hassle of porting out to another network.

​One question though, is the number transferred straight away or does it take a few days.

I've had it done last week, need a SIM added to my account and they sent a new SIM in the post, had to ring to activate it which was done straight away with my same number (they do say activation takes upto 24 hours but usually within 2 hours). Go onto their live chat or call them to find out but it's definitely possible
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Car Leasing Deals (Audi, Golf or Scirocco)11
    2. Electricity11
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    4. Which Camera?!!!22

See more discussions