Can you turn an Argos gift card into another Argos gift card?

Posted 5th Dec 2019
Hear me out here lol.

I have a digital gift card for £65. I want to buy a 2 or 3 gift cards with it and give them as gifts, so I need physical cards and not digital. Is this something that can be achieved? Im trying to avoid buying the gift cards as I have £65 doing nothing and don't really buy from argos myself.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
I think if you buy something and take it back to store for refund, you'll get a physical card. Nothing to lose by trying.
terriclarkfan05/12/2019 14:58

I think if you buy something and take it back to store for refund, you'll …I think if you buy something and take it back to store for refund, you'll get a physical card. Nothing to lose by trying.

Not a fan of doing that really.
You can simply walk in and buy three gift cards with a single gift card
No, unless they change the rules. I had a gift card what was running out of date and I either spent it or lost out. It states online that you cannot purchase gift cards etc from vouchers or gift card. Luckily my friend was buying lots of items from Argos for Christmas and she was buying in cash. So she bought it off me.
dorey6905/12/2019 15:00

No, unless they change the rules. I had a gift card what was running out …No, unless they change the rules. I had a gift card what was running out of date and I either spent it or lost out. It states online that you cannot purchase gift cards etc from vouchers or gift card. Luckily my friend was buying lots of items from Argos for Christmas and she was buying in cash. So she bought it off me.

This is beginning to make sense really. Buying gift cards with a gift card will extend all the gift card expiry dates. Not something that goes in favour of argos. I'll have to buy something with it then, maybe some xmas gifts.
dorey6905/12/2019 15:00

No, unless they change the rules. I had a gift card what was running out …No, unless they change the rules. I had a gift card what was running out of date and I either spent it or lost out. It states online that you cannot purchase gift cards etc from vouchers or gift card. Luckily my friend was buying lots of items from Argos for Christmas and she was buying in cash. So she bought it off me.

this. i am not aware of any gift cards that allow you to buy another gift card with it. it will be in the t&c of the gift card.
Can't you buy other gift cards that Argos sell in store using an Argos eGift card ? They sell quite a few different ones. *NO. I just found out that you can't do this
'eGift Cards cannot be used for the purchase of other gift cards or vouchers.'
Edited by: "jco83" 5th Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions