Expired

Can you unlock O2 phones?

10 replies
Found 19th Jun 2014
Hi all

I've been offered an O2 phone which is almost too good a deal to not take up.

I'm currently with T-Mobile and just wondering if that will work with an O2-locked phone, or is it possible to unlock the phone somehow? If so, what is involved?

Thanks so much in advance.

10 Comments

O2 offer a phone unlock service for about £20 for payg customers. Sign up for a free payg Sim top up with over £15, make a call or 2 and they will unlock.

o2.co.uk/hel…ork

Don't top up with just £15 as when you make a call, your balance will fall below the required £15 minimum balance, that's why I said top up with £20.

Original Poster

Cool - thanks for the info. Question answered!

if the o2 phone is on contract just go on to there web site and request phone to be unlocked its free
o2.co.uk/app…orm

where are u getting the phone from? do you trust the person?
be wary incase they report it stolen - even if they are selling it - the phone will get barred and you may end up out of pocket....

if its a phone from sum1 'in the pub'... then its likely stolen anyways...

Original Poster

Lucifer_UK

where are u getting the phone from? do you trust the person? be wary … where are u getting the phone from? do you trust the person? be wary incase they report it stolen - even if they are selling it - the phone will get barred and you may end up out of pocket....if its a phone from sum1 'in the pub'... then its likely stolen anyways...

No worries there unless my cousin has some kind of agenda. He would prefer to sell it to someone he knows rather than Gumtree or eBay it so offered it to me first. I may turn him down though because he mentioned this afternoon it's not the dual sim version which is what I'm after - I'm fed up carrying two phones around (one for work, one personal). Thanks for the help guys.

critster

if the o2 phone is on contract just go on to there web site and request … if the o2 phone is on contract just go on to there web site and request phone to be unlocked its free https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

They will unlock it for free but only if you are the original contract holder, so whoever is selling the phone needs to apply for the unlock code.

mikey_d

They will unlock it for free but only if you are the original contract … They will unlock it for free but only if you are the original contract holder, so whoever is selling the phone needs to apply for the unlock code.

Not true I have unlocked several iPhones that have not been mine, but to be fair I have had to phone up and do it because it don't show on my account

critster

Not true I have unlocked several iPhones that have not been mine, but to … Not true I have unlocked several iPhones that have not been mine, but to be fair I have had to phone up and do it because it don't show on my account

Really, thats worth knowing, thanks

mikey_d it depends who you get some just add the phone to your account others ask so many questions but i just say i bought it second hand and would like to now pass it on to son/daughter
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition68745
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…22
    3. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43

See more discussions