Groups

Can you unlock phones on '3' network?

My old Razr V3 keeps turning itself off so my frind has offered me a Sony Ericsson Cybershot K800i but it was originally on the 3 network and I am on voda. Does anyone know if there is anyway to unlock this so that it will work with my Voda sim?

Thanks

8 Comments

There are links on the "money saving expert" website on unlocking phones gives you instructions worth having a look

moneysavingexpert.com/pho…one

Good luck

u can call them up to find out the last time i paid £15 to unlock through 3

Original Poster

alfie73;2362027

There are links on the "money saving expert" website on unlocking phones … There are links on the "money saving expert" website on unlocking phones gives you instructions worth having a look http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/unlock-mobile-phoneGood luck

thanks for that, will check it out :thumbsup:

Original Poster

sharonwai;2362093

u can call them up to find out the last time i paid £15 to unlock through … u can call them up to find out the last time i paid £15 to unlock through 3

OK thanks, i'll try that - who do you have to call - 3? and can they unlock over the phone?

cat74;2362313

OK thanks, i'll try that - who do you have to call - 3? and can they … OK thanks, i'll try that - who do you have to call - 3? and can they unlock over the phone?

I would say you would call the network provider phone is locked on, used to be the case anyway

cat74;2362313

OK thanks, i'll try that - who do you have to call - 3? and can they … OK thanks, i'll try that - who do you have to call - 3? and can they unlock over the phone?

ya call 3 customer service . then within 24-48 hours they will call u with the unlock code for u to key in so u need a paper and pen ready.

Banned

I looked up the details on the Three website for a contract phone - obviously it won't apply to PAYG phones; if you're looking to unlock within the first 12 months of your contract then you're going to have to stump up a hell of a lot of money.

Outside of the contract apparently it's only £10 or £15, can't remember exactly.

Would be thrilled if I was wrong of course :).

Original Poster

vixygwim;2362775

I looked up the details on the Three website for a contract phone - … I looked up the details on the Three website for a contract phone - obviously it won't apply to PAYG phones; if you're looking to unlock within the first 12 months of your contract then you're going to have to stump up a hell of a lot of money.Outside of the contract apparently it's only £10 or £15, can't remember exactly.Would be thrilled if I was wrong of course :).

thanks, it is an old contract phone so I will give them a ring on Monday and try it :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free Codes from EGX33
      2. What do you feel happy about/grateful for today?53407
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7231366
      4. What would be HELL to you?3254

See more discussions