Expired

Can you unlock the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 for Free

Found 17th Feb 2013
I thinking of buying a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 which is network locked to Orange, also it has the Orange branding on it which is annoying, is their anyway of unlocking the phone to all networks and removing the Orange branding for free or as cheap as possible. Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
6 Comments
AFAIK there are no free methods. Rooting, custom roms, changing your baseband etc will not unlock it.
You can do it via the IMEI number and one of many paid services including eBay (check their feedback before paying).
Alternatively it can be unlocked once it's been rooted by your local phone shop via tool boxes like Sgtool - zx3 - octopus - etc..

I used a free unlock tool from the Play Store, it worked great on my Galaxy Ace.
Original Poster
Thanks to everyone, I think I will use the EBay method to unlock and I will do some more research to Debranding the phone.
Original Poster
jamierichardson129

I used a free unlock tool from the Play Store, it worked great on my … I used a free unlock tool from the Play Store, it worked great on my Galaxy Ace.

Does the app work on the Galaxy Ace 2, as all I can find are apps to unlock the Ace.
Banned
i unlocked tmobile zest for free yesterday, type the tmobile zest in search bar at top and it will say £10.48 from argos and some1 posted a link for it, try that if you can get your sammy unlocked and let me know if you can cos iv got samy ace too
using the galaxy ace unlock from playstore doesnt provide a code for the galaxy ace 2, ive tried and failed lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants