Can you use a other network sim in a locked to Virgin Mobile phone?

Posted 28th Jul 2011
I have a Nokia which is locked to Virgin Mobile and it is so expensive (26p per minute), so i was thinking if any other sim can fit in it without unlocking it. e.g. Virgin sims works locked to t-mobiles phones, also vodafone and asda.
Community Updates
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    T-mobile. And vice vercer. I'm on virgin and I can put a T- mobile sim in and it works as they are on same network
    Author
    Hi, whats vice vercer?
    I think he means vice versa
    26p a min?! How is Virgin Media still keeping it's mobile arm running with those prices? What is the standard nowadays? I have no idea as I've been on contract for years now.
    Mikey91

26p a min?! How is Virgin Media still keeping it's mobile arm running … 26p a min?! How is Virgin Media still keeping it's mobile arm running with those prices? What is the standard nowadays? I have no idea as I've been on contract for years now.

i got a free htc desire hd with unlimited mins/internet and texts for £22 over 2 years and it baffles me how they do it
    raptorcigs

i got a free htc desire hd with unlimited mins/internet and texts for £22 … i got a free htc desire hd with unlimited mins/internet and texts for £22 over 2 years and it baffles me how they do it

With Virgin Media? That's a very good price. They must think people on PAYG are mugs.

[image missing]

(edited)
    Tom4646
    Hi, whats vice vercer?
    solarforce
    I think he means vice versa
    Yer that's wat it means. I spell the way I speak. If you speak it you no wat it meens
    Author
    Mikey91

26p a min?! How is Virgin Media still keeping it's mobile arm running … 26p a min?! How is Virgin Media still keeping it's mobile arm running with those prices? What is the standard nowadays? I have no idea as I've been on contract for years now.

You can get at cheap as 8p per minute with giffgaff or o2 is 20p
    Author
    Bump - are they the only networks which work also i tried a t-mobile sim in it and it didnt work but im not too sure if that sim has been cut off.
    Do you understand the concept of "locked"?
    Author
    dimebars

Do you understand the concept of "locked"?

Yes, but as i said some said to be 'locked' mobiles can actually work on other sims. e.g. Asda Mobile work in a locked Vodafone mobile.
    Asda uses the voda network which is why their sims work in the locked phones. Same with Virgin - they run on the t-mobile network so their sims work in virgin locked phones too.
    Can I use a Vodafone Sim in a locked virgin phone
    Jeanh1

Can I use a Vodafone Sim in a locked virgin phone

No, Virgin 'piggy backs' from EE network (formally Orange and T-Mobile) as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator alongside other MVNO's Co-Op Mobile and Asda Mobile.
    I just realised this post it nearly 12years old no wonder I was confused as to why people where paying 26p.a min
's avatar