Groups

Can you use a serial number to find out the model number of a tablet?

I brought a repaired tablet from pan electrical retailer but I believe whats in the box is not what was sold to me. I brought a Lenovo tab 3 essential. The ram and memory on the box differs to whats on the tablet. Is their any way to find out the specific tablet I've actually brought?

6 Comments

I guess you have looked in the tablet settings and down the bottom is... About... That should show you what you have. What your saying is that don't match what you ordered?

Original Poster

wayners

I guess you have looked in the tablet settings and down the bottom is... … I guess you have looked in the tablet settings and down the bottom is... About... That should show you what you have. What your saying is that don't match what you ordered?

Thanks for your reply. On the ticket that was attached to the box it stated it had bigger memory and ram so I just want to know what I've actually got.

I have a Lenovo tablet. As wayners says, go to settings, scroll down to About and your will see the ram and rom sizes.

You should be able to see the model number in Settings (System settings) > System (All settings) > System > About tablet

Just remember the spec sizes are not what you get, you have to allow for the space the operating system and apps take up. In some cases you can have very little left to add your own apps.

A lot of cheap Win10 tablets dont have enough free ROM out of the box to actually run a full Win10 update; and that is BEFORE you start adding your own apps, photos etc.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I've just had a flame deer pop up on my page , I'm confused33
      2. After a good deal for new work shirts!33
      3. Virgin Media phone/TV/internet contract cancelation33
      4. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?46

See more discussions