Groups

? can you use a shopto.net discount on a pre-order

Just received a game from shopto and on the catalogue you get a £3 discount voucher off you order so i have pre-ordered infamous and went to use the code but cannot find a box to enter the code?

Can you use the code on pre-orders and if so where do you enter the code?

Anyone have any ideas

6 Comments

you can try logging in then go to my account and then redeem code at the bottom of the page and try that?

supermod

Yes - I did it with the new Pokemon game, can't remember exactly but I entered code & it banked credit in a box at top left, then deducted that credit when the pre-order was then sent from my invoice total

* Just checked - login then the next page displayed is your account summary - grey tab at bottom of page (which is what gkay2009 said first ;-))

(NB - the magazine I received has a £3 offer code on cover, but it does say it can only be used on games listed in the actual guide & infamous doesn't appear to be listed in my version ?)

Original Poster

Thanks, found the page and redeemed code

I have pre-ordered infamous but no mention of using the code on the order or do they automatically take it from the account as only ordered 1 game in the past

sigma;5283710

(NB - the magazine I received has a £3 offer code on cover, but it does … (NB - the magazine I received has a £3 offer code on cover, but it does say it can only be used on games listed in the actual guide & infamous doesn't appear to be listed in my version ?)

I added the code to my account, and it's added as regular 'available balance', I've just tested it on a random game, and can confirm it will reduce anything. in the past my pre-orders have always used available balance before charging my card. :thumbsup:

supermod

oh, off to add it to my account now then, thanks ;-)

Original Poster

ctuk;5283962

I added the code to my account, and it's added as regular 'available … I added the code to my account, and it's added as regular 'available balance', I've just tested it on a random game, and can confirm it will reduce anything. in the past my pre-orders have always used available balance before charging my card. :thumbsup:

Just noticed that it has also on my avaliable balance and when ordered a game thats already released it takes the avaliable balance then whatever else is owed so I presume when it comes to charging you on a pre-order they will take your credit then the rest from your card as on pre-orders it just sits on your account until they are ready to send
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423214455
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767158
      3. word association Game73844447
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543740

See more discussions