Can you use these three sim's in a dongle???

Found 11th Nov 2011
I want to know if I buy a three pay as you go sim, add the £15 add on for :

1) 300 Anytime any network minutes

2) 3000 Anytime any network Text messages

3) All you can eat data

Will I be able to put this sim into a huwei dongle and just use it for internet??

As the sim is available on ebay for £6.25 delivered with the £15 preloaded on top, so if it works in a dongle then maybe this would be a good way of getting all you can eat data for very cheap.

I currently have a t-mobile iphone 4 sim that I put in a dongle, but after you have used up 500mb it goes extremely slow - so not very good.
Community Updates
13 Comments
You could in theory,but it's against t&c's and once three discover it's being used in a dongle they'll block it
Original Poster
cheers dude, thought so.

Anyone know if they are ok to use for tethering, as technically the sim is still inside a phone...
I used a normal 3 PAYG SIM in a dongle and it was fine. Never tried it buying a PAYG pack tho.....

I have tried using a contract SIM but unless its specifically on a data contract then it gets blocked.
usman330

cheers dude, thought so.Anyone know if they are ok to use for tethering, … cheers dude, thought so.Anyone know if they are ok to use for tethering, as technically the sim is still inside a phone...

no tethering is allowed either,they will block it
grabbit

no tethering is allowed either,they will block it

-

Not true, tethering is covered in the all you can eat data as long as you are on 'The One Plan'
tech21

-Not true, tethering is covered in the all you can eat data as long as … -Not true, tethering is covered in the all you can eat data as long as you are on 'The One Plan'

It wasn't 'the one plan' being discussed tho,that is an entirely different thing
grabbit

It wasn't 'the one plan' being discussed tho,that is an entirely … It wasn't 'the one plan' being discussed tho,that is an entirely different thing

I've used tethering and there seems to be no issue. How will they find out ?
Will a contract SIM (network 3) work in a PAYG mi fi dongle? Also would I need to do anyuthing to get it to work, or will it just work straight away?
yes would work ok as long as the mifi is either on 3 or unlocked,the apn is the same for contract/payg on three
hi i am new to it too clueless - i have a huwai and its a 3 - i want to get the cheaoest deal to use a pc at home - not a tablet the best i came up with so far is £15.99 top up or £25 line at home. any suggestions - also there an ee offer at mo for 1 month free £11 for 6 months and a shopping voucher but can i use it in my dongle? and what do i do if i opt for dongle useage and i can get it to work - where is the support ? lol
hi i have a x contract dongle on 3 if i put a three sim in it and topped it up with 15 credit would i get internet ??
Hi just come across this and hear the facts 1: u CAN tether from a phone to a PC if u top up £15 on a payg sim with no problems 2: u CAN'T use a mobile contract sim in a dongle it will allow u to send/receive texts but three recognise that the sim is in a dongle and block access to data regardless wether your on the one plan or not. I believe the best easiest and overall cheapest way to get data to your PC is simply to buy a cheap android handset e.g samsung galaxy y then insert a three sim with the £15 all-you-can eat data plan then simply tether either through USB or wifi hotspot to your PC. I've used this exact method for over 2 years now and in one month managed to download 23gb of data and never had no problems will say its best from time to time to buy a new sim as three will throttle your speed if they think you are a persistent and heavy user hope this helps x
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions