Canada. house swap/exchange - Anyone done it before? Looking for Summer holidays next year.

5 replies
Found 20th Dec 2008
I've been thinking about doing a house swap/exchange. We'd love to go to Canada next Summer, but as accomodation prices are pretty steep I wondered about doing an exchange with a family from Canada.
Does anyone have any experience of this kind of house swap? Good or bad. Any good agencies to go through. Or who/what to avoid?

5 Comments

woudlnt really trust strangers unless your swingers

Original Poster

monkeybrains;3821458

woudlnt really trust strangers unless your swingers

But then you're both in the other's home - I think you have to have a degree of trust, don't you? And I don't swing either..:w00t:

thing is you dont know if they damage your house till your back in uk so could be too late?

nice idea, i personally would worry about what they might do in my house and what i might accidentally damage/break in theirs!!!! and hopping on the good foot in someone else's house might feel a bit weird too ;-)

I think another point to consider is that if you have home insurance you have to inform your provider that you're doing the swap. I have no idea how that affects your insurance though!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4176
    2. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251
    3. word association Game74244916
    4. Add one, leave one game54415442

See more discussions