Groups

Canada/US Travel - ESTA waiver

quicky travel advice. I went to US back in September & had to apply for the VISA waiver. Access granted, all OK. Apparently this lasts 2 years. Ive been onto the site & checked my inital application & it states that it expires in 2012.

Now im going back to US in February, but via Canada. No VISA is required for Canada, but when I get to border crossing I'll obviously need the VISA.

Reckon I'll be ok with the ESTA or is this just for people arriving via airports & cruiseliners? When I check the bit where im arriving from there is no option to select Border Crossing etc.

Anyone have info or recent experience of this?

2 Comments

You'll clear immigration when you land in Canada. When you cross the border they are liable to give you some questioning as you won't be flying out. If you have a return ticket from canada to the UK it shouldnt be a problem provided your a UK resident with a UK passport

Original Poster

pontprennau

You'll clear immigration when you land in Canada. When you cross the … You'll clear immigration when you land in Canada. When you cross the border they are liable to give you some questioning as you won't be flying out. If you have a return ticket from canada to the UK it shouldnt be a problem provided your a UK resident with a UK passport

yeh we have flights to & from canada, but will be driving into US a few days later. so i take it that when we get to border the''ll check the ESTA on their systems?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheer me up please?1440
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047201
      3. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.69
      4. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....912

See more discussions