Cancel BT Sport and TV for free.

Posted 17th Jun 2019
I just cancelled my BT TV and Sport. due to a price increase by £4 in July. I told them I'm not happy with UFC being pay per view and I no longer wanted it. was told I'm in contract until next year. but pointed out the price increase and I've until the 20th of July like everyone else to opt out free. So if your looking to opt out of BT TV and Sport. now is your chance for free.

From 28 July 2019, your BT Sport and TV price will go up by £4 a month
We hope you want to stay with BT Sport and TV. If, however, you want to leave and you're within your minimum contract term, you'll need to call us on 0800 587 7207 by 20 July 2019 to avoid paying a charge for leaving early. We will continue to charge you during your notice period, but won't charge you for any increase in price during that time
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

21 Comments
Was on chat with an advisor about this, they said no email has been sent and its just phishing! They then ended the chat! Just going to complaints now
johnwillowlfc17/06/2019 17:01

Was on chat with an advisor about this, they said no email has been sent …Was on chat with an advisor about this, they said no email has been sent and its just phishing! They then ended the chat! Just going to complaints now

I phoned the number above. Waited for 30 mins tho on hold tho.
johnwillowlfc17/06/2019 17:01

Was on chat with an advisor about this, they said no email has been sent …Was on chat with an advisor about this, they said no email has been sent and its just phishing! They then ended the chat! Just going to complaints now

bt.custhelp.com/app…019
I’m phoning up to cancel my TV package tomorrow
Lol i was about to create a post about this . Thanks op . Will be fishing for tips here
BT calling me back tomorrow to speak about this. Gave me £10 credit for my complaint as the advisor was wrong in what he told me. I have BT Max 4K at £24pm with a £2pm discount. Email says i can keep this for same price for another 18 months (until they hike the price like they are now) anyone getting this cheaper per month now so I can haggle a better price as would like to keep it
Edited by: "johnwillowlfc" 17th Jun 2019
johnwillowlfc17/06/2019 19:55

BT calling me back tomorrow to speak about this. Gave me £10 credit for my …BT calling me back tomorrow to speak about this. Gave me £10 credit for my complaint as the advisor was wrong in what he told me. I have BT Max 4K at £24pm with a £2pm discount. Email says i can keep this for same price for another 18 months (until they hike the price like they are now) anyone getting this cheaper per month now so I can haggle a better price as would like to keep it

I had the same package as you. But at a price of £10 for 24 months. It went up to £12 earlier this year. I was offered the package again for another 24 months at £12 price freeze. Also I was told the price will go up in March every year from 2020 at the rate of inflation. I told them no and cancelled. So you can 100% get a better deal off them.
Thats great mate thanks for your reply so I will negotiate with them in that case, my current bill is £82pm, thats broadband, TV, landline and 2x SIMO mobile contracts
johnwillowlfc17/06/2019 20:45

Thats great mate thanks for your reply so I will negotiate with them in …Thats great mate thanks for your reply so I will negotiate with them in that case, my current bill is £82pm, thats broadband, TV, landline and 2x SIMO mobile contracts

I was offered 37.99 per month max broadband and TV 4k max. So ask for around the same. Also if you cancel. Your more than likely still get that call to offer you a better deal in the next 30 days or so.
was waiting for this, hate beung held to a 2yr contract, whats nect best. nowtv or plusnet
Edited by: "beanzzzz" 18th Jun 2019
Hi all, so just before I phone and join the waiting list, wanted to clarify if this price hike enables you to leave your entire BT contract (including broadband), or is it just the BT Sport / BT TV part that you can cancel? Many thanks!
HellRazer18/06/2019 09:45

Hi all, so just before I phone and join the waiting list, wanted to …Hi all, so just before I phone and join the waiting list, wanted to clarify if this price hike enables you to leave your entire BT contract (including broadband), or is it just the BT Sport / BT TV part that you can cancel? Many thanks!

No not broadband. Only TV and sports. They class broadband as a different contract to TV. But you can try and get a better price.
Had call from BT managed to get another £2pm off my TV contract for 18 months and avoid price increase. Thanks for your advice @B0ne5
johnwillowlfc18/06/2019 10:35

Had call from BT managed to get another £2pm off my TV contract for 18 …Had call from BT managed to get another £2pm off my TV contract for 18 months and avoid price increase. Thanks for your advice @B0ne5

That's good. Glad I was of help to you. Around £108 your save over the contract.
Called BT re price increase of £4. I'd only be saving about £13, & lose BT sports in HD. They offered to keep me on same deal for another £18mths, also discounted by a £1. So will be £35 for fibre optic, bt sport HD.

Not bad when you consider that you can leave again if price increase.
Called them today and froze my entire contract price for another 18 months, thus avoiding the price rise.

Unlimited Infinity Fibre Broadband
Unlimited Anytime Calls
Line Rental
BT TV package
BT Sports

All for £35pm
Eden003222/06/2019 21:43

Called them today and froze my entire contract price for another 18 …Called them today and froze my entire contract price for another 18 months, thus avoiding the price rise. Unlimited Infinity Fibre BroadbandUnlimited Anytime CallsLine RentalBT TV packageBT SportsAll for £35pm

That's a good price. I was paying 37.99 with the max tv. But cancelled due to watching UFC mainly, I'm not paying any pay per view to watch it.
Classic tv package with bt sports for £9 per month if i signed for another 18 months . NO THANKS 👎
Have an option on my account due to some issues with package allowing me to leave in Jan 2020 . Probably going to switch to plusnet where bt sports is only £5 per month
_saeed_23/06/2019 11:31

Classic tv package with bt sports for £9 per month if i signed for another …Classic tv package with bt sports for £9 per month if i signed for another 18 months . NO THANKS 👎 Have an option on my account due to some issues with package allowing me to leave in Jan 2020 . Probably going to switch to plusnet where bt sports is only £5 per month

Very true. I told the person I was talking to. Bt sport isnt free with broadband anymore. So you want me to pay for my tv licence, bt sport, Pay for hd, Pay for 4k, then pay for ppv to watch to it?? By the time I've paid all that. I most probably could of bought the cheapest ticket and went to the event. I watch UFC. But you dont see ppv on football ever. And that's watched by far more people then boxing and ufc. It's all about greed. And I'm not paying into it. Hd came out in 2006 and it's nearly 2020 and we are still being charged extra to watch it?. Crazy lol.
Called BT yesterday after being told in email price is going up (£1 on ent plus and £4 bt sport).

First the bloke said he could only reduce price price to £1 for each (i.e. £2 rise overall) but then after speaking to his manager told me there would be no price rise at all as we were still in contract.

Any body else been told this? I think I should have asked for email comfirmation but never thought to at the time.
Edited by: "rjonesy" 25th Jun 2019
rjonesy25/06/2019 12:13

Called BT yesterday after being told in email price is going up (£1 on ent …Called BT yesterday after being told in email price is going up (£1 on ent plus and £4 bt sport). First the bloke said he could only reduce price price to £1 for each (i.e. £2 rise overall) but then after speaking to his manager told me there would be no price rise at all as we were still in contract.Any body else been told this? I think I should have asked for email comfirmation but never thought to at the time.

They tried to tell me I couldn't cancel for free. I told them read the email I was sent. I can cancel for free. That's all you need to do. Then if you wish to stay, you can get a better deal.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants