Expired

Cancel Orange Mobile Contract.

6 replies
Found 15th Apr 2009
I know there is a remote chance of this being possible but i need some advice:

I have a HTC TyTn II on the Orange network, ive had it for 10 months now of an 18 month contract @ £30 a month.

The problem i have is i don't get any signal where i live which has been a problem since day 1 although ive coped as i really liked the phone in the first few months, now however im at the end of my tether, texts come through days late, i can spend 20 mins trying to get a signal just to send texts and phone calls are impossible.

Is there an easy way to cancel the contract which doesn't involve buying the contract out (I don't have £240 to spare) or a heavty legal battle.

any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

6 Comments

this very subject was covered on watchdog a few weeks ago-you are perfectly legally entitled to cancel if they cannot deliver a signal at your home address with no financial penalty.

I doubt they will believe you after ten months,This is why they have the original cooling off period,However have you tried borrowing a different phone as some are much better at getting a connection than others,

Original Poster

barky;4927516

this very subject was covered on watchdog a few weeks ago-you are … this very subject was covered on watchdog a few weeks ago-you are perfectly legally entitled to cancel if they cannot deliver a signal at your home address with no financial penalty.

thanks i remember watching it actually!

im looking for some sample letters to send now

repped

Original Poster

tonyg1962;4927535

I doubt they will believe you after ten months,This is why they have the … I doubt they will believe you after ten months,This is why they have the original cooling off period,However have you tried borrowing a different phone as some are much better at getting a connection than others,

tried another phone its definitely the signal not the phone.

i used to spend a lot of time working away from home so it never particularly bothered me but now ive had it.

I had a similar thing when i took out a contract with Orange and worked away for weeks on end so didnt really notice until it was too late,I did borrow a friends phone and that was better and tried to get them to change my phone but they would have none of it,However i was lucky as a few weeks later they put up a new mast nearby and from then on i have a great signal,

barky;4927516

this very subject was covered on watchdog a few weeks ago-you are … this very subject was covered on watchdog a few weeks ago-you are perfectly legally entitled to cancel if they cannot deliver a signal at your home address with no financial penalty.

There was no legal president set with that.
The court had no powers to change a contract.
Orange didn't show up for the case, this isn't the same as them losing the case.
Coverage in not guaranteed in any buildings by any network. A lot of modern buildings act as a Faraday cage and block the signal.

After 10 months you'll get no where, the guy that started the case on Watchdog had just begun his contract.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would34138
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322811
    3. word association Game74244857

See more discussions