Cancel Sky Broadband before activation and sign up to BT

Found 2nd Oct 2015
Currently I have just moved into a new property and I have no phone line or broadband, there is a socket and the previous owners used to be with Sky.
I signed up for sky broadband and line rental (not fibre) on Tuesday, its due to get activated this Monday (05 October) and from the order tracking it says the router has been sent out.

I have seen a better deal on here today for BT fibre broadband and line rental, and now want to sign up for this.

I don’t know if I cancel the sky broadband/line rental before Monday, if I can simply sign up to the BT fibre today or if this is going to mess things up. I don’t know how it works with line rental tags etc, I am hoping I can simply call sky today and tell them to totally cancel the order as its not yet activated, and then just sign up to BT broadband and we wont have any issues.

I am without broadband at the moment so its important I don’t mess this up as I can go for too long without it, if it’s a long drawn out thing then I will probably just stay with the sky broadband.

I hope the above makes sense, thankyou !
Community Updates
AskBroadbandSky
9 Comments
just phone sky up. tell them you want to cancel. they'll ask why, so tell them about the bt offer. maybe they'll match it?
sky are normally pretty good for wanting to keep customers. they will likely do all they can to keep you.
Also having used both sky and bt fibre, sky is much better imo. Everybody in my area who I've spoken that have used both prefer sky as well.
BT are crap. Been with them for years but in the past year we have lost service 3 times and lots of other problems with btbb.

When our contract is up were changing to sky.

renagade27
Id say sky were crap tbh
Bt sorted my bb outvwhen sky refused to release my line
Sky like to keep customers ? More like wont let them leave
Neighbour is leeching our net as sky wont release their phone line
Then have the cheek to keep ringing them with offers , pffff
Bradleigh

Id say sky were crap tbhBt sorted my bb outvwhen sky refused to release … Id say sky were crap tbhBt sorted my bb outvwhen sky refused to release my lineSky like to keep customers ? More like wont let them leaveNeighbour is leeching our net as sky wont release their phone lineThen have the cheek to keep ringing them with offers , pffff

Sky cannot refuse to release your line if you have cancelled your contract! I'd against the new law recently updated.

My experience with BTBB is they were crap!

renagade27
Well it happens and they are
My experience with sky was a nightmare
Some have a cracking service and good deals with them
But there are lots that dont (_;)
renagade27

Sky cannot refuse to release your line if you have cancelled your … Sky cannot refuse to release your line if you have cancelled your contract! I'd against the new law recently updated.My experience with BTBB is they were crap!renagade27

Hope you watching watchdog tonight
Guess what
Sky wont let you cancel or leave
Strange that
Seen a lot of bad reviews from BT customers, they're all moving to TalkTalk/Sky etc.

Sky have been good so far for me.

You can always call and see if Sky will give you better offer than BT.
Edited by: "Myriad" 15th Oct 2015
Tried sky and left
Sky refused to release my line so paid for a new one to the house to get away after months of trying to cancel
Nasty service and will never go back even if its free , and its been offered
Neighbour has been trying to cancel with sky for months
Crap slow servife that always drops
He leeches my bt
Did give talktalk a try and they never connected me and i paid to leave as they are a bunch of morons
Hate them or not but bt has given me the best service
Ok , a bit more expensive but i always haggle them down on the broadband
Got a problem , ring the automated service and say complaints and 99% you will speak to someone english
Im not a preacher for bt but they are the best "in my area"
Have friends who hate bt/sky and talktalk
Each person will have a best supplier of broadband in whatevet area they are in
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants