Cancel your 1p amazon glitch orders and help the small businesses.

This will certainly divide opinion but I thought it would be good to make a separate post urging everyone to cancel their 1p amazon price glitch orders.

At the time of ordering I was naive enough to think that amazon would cover the costs however, having read several news articles, this appears to not be the case. Many businesses could be faced with a huge financial hit and so I am at least doing my bit to ease their worries by cancelling my orders. I hope others will follow suit.

I have sent cancelation requests to the sellers with a quick note on my reasons for doing so. If you can't cancel your order you should be able to do the same.

216 Comments

Banned

I agree OP nicely done.

if the sellers have not dispatched the orders why can't they just cancel them? it is legally within their rights. please note i didn't order anything anyway.

Yes I agree but it's Amazon's software and they should be held accountable not the seller

Again it's another injustice by a big company that thinks it can get away with flouting corporate laws/responsibilities

Editor

This thread isn't going to end well.

Banned

BuzzDuraband

This thread isn't going to end well.

You're right.

Too many Chavs.

Original Poster

and leave positive feedback to counteract these muppets!

http://s51.photobucket.com/user/sibbers/media/ScreenShot2014-12-14at115814_zps5361c0e7.png.html][IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f371/sibbers/ScreenShot2014-12-14at115814_zps5361c0e7.png[/URL][/img]

Original Poster

http://s51.photobucket.com/user/sibbers/media/1c9deb18-57b1-4eec-9302-9747678ee04f_zpsb950faf0.png.html][IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f371/sibbers/1c9deb18-57b1-4eec-9302-9747678ee04f_zpsb950faf0.png[/URL][/img]

Original Poster

IamMT

if the sellers have not dispatched the orders why can't they just cancel … if the sellers have not dispatched the orders why can't they just cancel them? it is legally within their rights. please note i didn't order anything anyway.

I imagine its due to the fact that they will then be hit with a huge amount of negative feedback that can be just as devastating to their business.

philphil61

Yes I agree but it's Amazon's software and they should be held … Yes I agree but it's Amazon's software and they should be held accountable not the sellerAgain it's another injustice by a big company that thinks it can get away with flouting corporate laws/responsibilities

It's not Amazon's software. It's thrid party auto price-cuttting software which some traders employ to undercut rival traders. Neither Amazon nor buyers are at fault here. The traders need to look to themselves and to their software supplier.

Banned

hehe got a flamedear

Was this 1p glitch posted on HotUKDeals?

If that's the case then has anyone got a link to it.

Thank you

mboora

Was this 1p glitch posted on HotUKDeals?If that's the case then has … Was this 1p glitch posted on HotUKDeals?If that's the case then has anyone got a link to it. Thank you

Yes.

No. Find it yourself, it shouldn't be hard. Then again.....

Even though amazon made the mistake i wouldnt class them as accountable for this issue.

The issue is people in general. They are influenced by others and eventually greed gets the better of them. I can understand people wanting to get a bit of extra money in their pockets at christmas but i would never dream of doing this especially as its at the expense of others. Imagine what they will be feeling like now especially the ones which amazon fulfills their orders so they cant do anything about it and possibly face bankruptcy now. People will say i bought it for the price it states therefore it should get honored but honestly how can some of you stoop this low? Its borderline theft.

Editor

ceres

It's not Amazon's software. It's thrid party auto price-cuttting … It's not Amazon's software. It's thrid party auto price-cuttting software which some traders employ to undercut rival traders. Neither Amazon nor buyers are at fault here. The traders need to look to themselves and to their software supplier.

Although you're right with the undercutting part, You have to take into account that these companies have thousands of items listed on Amazon, Each one having to compete to get the item on the specific page on the buy box, As you can imagine the company who currently holds ownership of the buy box on Amazon is most probably the company who takes the most sales on that item.

With that information I hope you can understand why these companies need to constantly keep their pricing competitive.

I for one wouldn't like to be manually updating prices to keep sales flowing.

I ordered the matress, what are the chances they will deliver in time for xmas. I hope they don't ruin xmasfor us as our 3 yo daughter would be sleeping on the cold tiles.

mine were cancelled today by Amazon, the company were discountdisc.

It was obvious from the start that this was a clear misprice, yet you still ordered op!! (_;)

the gooner

I imagine its due to the fact that they will then be hit with a huge … I imagine its due to the fact that they will then be hit with a huge amount of negative feedback that can be just as devastating to their business.

That is a good point.

redmouse2

I ordered the matress, what are the chances they will deliver in time for … I ordered the matress, what are the chances they will deliver in time for xmas. I hope they don't ruin xmasfor us as our 3 yo daughter would be sleeping on the cold tiles.

oO

Original Poster

coloradorockies

It was obvious from the start that this was a clear misprice, yet you … It was obvious from the start that this was a clear misprice, yet you still ordered op!! (_;)

Like I say I was naive. I never imagined that it was the small businesses that would be facing such a hit.

The fact that I ordered is largely irrelevant if it means I can make up for it now. Im just hoping that many others have learnt how serious the situation is and do what they can to easy the worries of these small business owners.

Banned

coloradorockies

It was obvious from the start that this was a clear misprice, yet you … It was obvious from the start that this was a clear misprice, yet you still ordered op!! (_;)

OP had second thoughts and did the decent thing. He should be commended for his decision.

Believe it or not some people can't even bring themselves to condemn criminal activity.

BuzzDuraband

With that information I hope you can understand why these companies need … With that information I hope you can understand why these companies need to constantly keep their pricing competitive.

I understand why they might want to keep their pricing competitive. In which case the onus is on them to ensure they use fully tested tools that integrate correctly with their business policies.

Banned

ceres

I understand why they might want to keep their pricing competitive. In … I understand why they might want to keep their pricing competitive. In which case the onus is on them to ensure they use fully tested tools that integrate correctly with their business policies.

And if they didn't they should expect to bankrupt their family?

TBH, I reckon 90% of all orders placed at the time of the glitch were from people using HUKD.....it was quite late at night if I remember rightly.

Knowing that these orders would not be fulfilled, I saved time all round by not ordering anything.

toshapetriji

And if they didn't they should expect to bankrupt their family?

I've never actually heard of a process for bankrupting a family.

To be honest this site thrives on glitches, workarounds and all manner of ways of setting up fake accounts that will allow members to save a few pounds. Personally I can't be bothered with setting up fake accounts, I'm not willing to go on a wild goose chase to chase a so called supermarket glitch and in cases like this one do not want to make some struggling sole traders life miserable and provide them with a load of hassle.
What's wrong with go old fashioned, UK based, genuine deals?

the gooner

Like I say I was naive. I never imagined that it was the small businesses … Like I say I was naive. I never imagined that it was the small businesses that would be facing such a hit.The fact that I ordered is largely irrelevant if it means I can make up for it now. Im just hoping that many others have learnt how serious the situation is and do what they can to easy the worries of these small business owners.

Ah right, the old "I was naive" chestnut. I call bs.

The fact that you ordered is relevant, it shows that you have low morals and that you were happy lining your pockets at the expensive of somebody else. The orders have been cancelled so unless you leave negative feedback no real harm is done.

toshapetriji

You're right.Too many Chavs.

Your ignorance is expected....funny how all of a sudden people care but when they were droolling over the order form with sweaty palms of anticipation you forgot one thing....how could you live with yourself if the things actually came....Oh the drama....whilst wrapping with a wry smile....

coloradorockies

Ah right, the old "I was naive" chestnut. I call bs.The fact that you … Ah right, the old "I was naive" chestnut. I call bs.The fact that you ordered is relevant, it shows that you have low morals and that you were happy lining your pockets at the expensive of somebody else. The orders have been cancelled so unless you leave negative feedback no real harm is done.

Absolute nonsense, everyone wants a bargain and if you disagree then you are only lying to yourself and just funding your Therapist's holidays....

Edited by: "Likely2" 14th Dec 2014

Well said OP, last year M & S had a glitch and Christmas feels like it has come early when you grab a deal but businesses that will fold in the new year because of this is a crappy start and no one can claim poverty of not being able to do without whatever they managed to get their hands on, but for someone's livelihood depends on their trade, hope there are many more like you to outweigh the greed

Received a polite message about one of my cancelled orders
it doesn't make much sense but at least the don't sound to stressed
"hi
thanks for understanding that there was a system glitch.
thanks"

Original Poster

coloradorockies

Ah right, the old "I was naive" chestnut. I call bs.The fact that you … Ah right, the old "I was naive" chestnut. I call bs.The fact that you ordered is relevant, it shows that you have low morals and that you were happy lining your pockets at the expensive of somebody else. The orders have been cancelled so unless you leave negative feedback no real harm is done.

OK you are partially right. I bought at the expense of somebody else, thinking that somebody else was amazon. You will learn that glitches are quite popular on hukds, with all of us hunting for bargains that the larger businesses can afford to honour should they be happy to. Its a win win really, those business get good publicity and we get our bargains.

I wouldn't say buying 4 items was 'lining my pockets' and I would argue that I do have morals seeing as I have cancelled my orders.

Anything else you want to accuse me of? Im quite happy to put you down on every claim you make.

had an email about an hour ago, all outstanding orders have been cancelled....Bo!

redmouse2

I ordered the matress, what are the chances they will deliver in time for … I ordered the matress, what are the chances they will deliver in time for xmas. I hope they don't ruin xmasfor us as our 3 yo daughter would be sleeping on the cold tiles.

Put a bit of cardboard under her. Be fine.

This guy did the right thing in the end too:

http://s10.postimg.org/71b7njl11/Grinch02.jpg
Edited by: "Natlover2" 14th Dec 2014

Agree, this really highlights Amazon for who they are, an oversized tax dodging bully. They could easily take the hit for the small business that their error has created yet it seems that's is too much to expect.
Edited by: "nickc74" 14th Dec 2014

nickc74

Agree, this really highlights Amazon for who they are, an oversized tax … Agree, this really highlights Amazon for who they are, an oversized tax dodging bully. They could easily take the hit for the small business that their error has created yet it seems that's is too much to much to expect.

Not-their-error.

ceres

Not-their-error.

How, they host the site... Explain?

redmouse2

so if the mattress wasn't 1p she would be anyway?

nickc74

How, they host the site... Explain?

OK. One more time. A number of Amazon Marketplace traders chose to purchase software from a third party, the purpose of which is to automatically undercut rival traders when they change the price of an item. Automatically undercut - no checks, no human intervention. There was a problem with the software - either the software was flawed - developer's fault or it was incorrectly implemented by the trader - trader's fault.

Some of those traders had also opted to use Amazon fulfillment so once an order is placed and paid for it goes out the door of the Amazon warehouse. Not Amazon's fault - they have a bought and paid for order to send out and that's what they did.

deeky

Put a bit of cardboard under her. Be fine.

That was the height luxury back in your day heh deeky
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1212
    2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …90153
    3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30115
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764501

See more discussions