Groups
    EXPIRED

** Cancel Your Orange Contract Early **

Orange are allowing contract holders to terminate early due to their recent changes in costs for voicemail/web browsing etc.

My partner received the following text a few days ago, she called Orange and was allowed to terminate her contract straight away (giving 4 weeks notice):

From Orange. From 14 Sep We're changing the cost of mobile internet browsing & come calls not included in your plan.

Full discussion over at MoneySavingExpert.com:

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho…687

It sounds like people are getting mixed messages when they call Orange, there is a good post on the above forum about the T&C posted on Oranges website though:

4.3 You may also terminate your Contract if we vary its terms, resulting in an excessive increase in the Charges or changes that alter your rights under this Contract to your detriment. In such cases you would need to give us at least 14 days written notice prior to your Billing Date (and within one month of us telling you about the changes). However this option does not apply if:

4.3.1 we have increased the Charges by an amount equal to or less than the percentage increase in the All Items Index of Retail Prices published by the Central Statistical Office in the Monthly Digest of Statistics in any 12 month period;"

Taken from www1.orange.co.uk/mob…ms/
    All T&Cs www1.orange.co.uk/mob…ms/

644 Comments

Banned

i didnt get a text , and im on a contract im on the orange dolphin i think lol 6oo mins and ulimited texts and i also pay £5 to blackberry for my subscription, so how will i know idf this applies to me

im on a 18month contract been on it since april i think

im just renewed my contract about a month ago does this apply to me even though they've accidently put me on a 12 month contract on a n97 :-D

Orange customers....this could be the best thing you will ever do. lol

Banned

demolisher;5852004

im just renewed my contract about a month ago does this apply to me even … im just renewed my contract about a month ago does this apply to me even though they've accidently put me on a 12 month contract on a n97 :-D

lol i wouldnt even mention that they have mucked up ur contracts and be happy with it lol

toni15500;5852023

lol i wouldnt even mention that they have mucked up ur contracts and be … lol i wouldnt even mention that they have mucked up ur contracts and be happy with it lol

I second that!

spitroast

Original Poster

toni15500;5851983

i didnt get a text , and im on a contract im on the orange dolphin i … i didnt get a text , and im on a contract im on the orange dolphin i think lol 6oo mins and ulimited texts and i also pay £5 to blackberry for my subscription, so how will i know idf this applies to meim on a 18month contract been on it since april i think

It would definately be worth giving them a call!, they cancelled my partner's contract without a quibble!...

they ask you to read out the text can yiou print what it says please

Original Poster

bonniemac;5852060

they ask you to read out the text can yiou print what it says please

This is the full txt, the orangeworld doesn't work for me for some reason..?:

From Orange. From 14 Sep We're changing the cost of mobile internet browsing & some calls not included in your plan. See orangeworld.co.uk/r/13 for more

:thumbsup:

Banned

ReVeD;5852058

It would definately be worth giving them a call!, they cancelled my … It would definately be worth giving them a call!, they cancelled my partner's contract without a quibble!...

yeah can u quote what the text says and what number its from and il give them a call and get back to u with what they say

Banned

ReVeD;5852083

This is the full txt, the orangeworld doesn't work for me for some … This is the full txt, the orangeworld doesn't work for me for some reason..?:From Orange. From 14 Sep We're changing the cost of mobile internet browsing & some calls not included in your plan. See http://orangeworld.co.uk/r/13 for more:thumbsup:

yeah doesnt work for me either

If they don't allow you to cancel your contract then tell them you are gong to the fair trading office and contacting their regulator as they are not allowed to increase anything on your contract that you pay for. It's standard UK law but most companies love the fact that so many UK customers are clueless about their rights.

Banned

Sociopath;5852117

If they don't allow you to cancel your contract then tell them you are … If they don't allow you to cancel your contract then tell them you are gong to the fair trading office and contacting their regulator as they are not allowed to increase anything on your contract that you pay for. It's standard UK law but most companies love the fact that so many UK customers are clueless about their rights.

the thing is i dont know if there changes are applicable to me

any one got any ideas how i can find this out

Banned

Sociopath;5852117

If they don't allow you to cancel your contract then tell them you are … If they don't allow you to cancel your contract then tell them you are gong to the fair trading office and contacting their regulator as they are not allowed to increase anything on your contract that you pay for. It's standard UK law but most companies love the fact that so many UK customers are clueless about their rights.

and im sure they will allow u to cancel ur contract but i bet they hit u with fees etc

Original Poster

toni15500;5852196

and im sure they will allow u to cancel ur contract but i bet they hit u … and im sure they will allow u to cancel ur contract but i bet they hit u with fees etc

Best thing is to give them a call. Read through the discussions on MSE aswell.

I have just got of the phone with orange and the guy said i would have to send my phone back if he cancels the contract. Am i do not want to do that.

Banned

ReVeD;5852208

Best thing is to give them a call. Read through the discussions on MSE … Best thing is to give them a call. Read through the discussions on MSE aswell.

whats mse ?

saayinla;5852229

I have just got of the phone with orange and the guy said i would have to … I have just got of the phone with orange and the guy said i would have to send my phone back if he cancels the contract. Am i do not want to do that.

your phone is considered to be separate from the contract say it was playing up so you dont have it anymore

Banned

saayinla;5852229

I have just got of the phone with orange and the guy said i would have to … I have just got of the phone with orange and the guy said i would have to send my phone back if he cancels the contract. Am i do not want to do that.

how long have u been with orange ?

Banned

Lockstockdude;5852236

your phone is considered to be separate from the contract say it was … your phone is considered to be separate from the contract say it was playing up so you dont have it anymore

yeah just say it had become broken and u have had to throw it away but then theres a chance they wil block it

toni15500;5852196

and im sure they will allow u to cancel ur contract but i bet they hit u … and im sure they will allow u to cancel ur contract but i bet they hit u with fees etc

The companies always will try to hit you with fees but it is best to stick to your guns as they are the ones in breach of contract and not you. Always go beyond the company after starting cancellation proceedings or they will always try to shaft you.

Lockstockdude;5852236

your phone is considered to be separate from the contract say it was … your phone is considered to be separate from the contract say it was playing up so you dont have it anymore

I called again just now, spoke to another lady. cancelled wihtout a question pac on the way.

toni15500;5852246

how long have u been with orange ?

joined orange in january, on a 12 months contract got the HTC Touch HD.

have paid more than £300 since..

saayinla;5852229

The phone is yours on take up of the contract. Free or not it is yours and they are just trying to shaft you out of your legal property

Original Poster

saayinla;5852229

That's rubbish:x, the phone is nothing to do with the contract you took out (read your contract - it has no mention of a handset). I'd ring back again and quote the T&C from Money Saving Expert forum. They didn't even question our cancellation request!

Banned

because i didnt receive the text ( and they can check if u have received it from them or not ) i dont have any say in this untill i get notification

I did this with Vodafone just under a year ago...

Let's see what Orange say (signal for me is rubbish around here).

can anyoine calncel there contract?
    im about 9 months into my 24 month contract and im dying to get out!
    would it cost me anything?

toni15500;5852369

because i didnt receive the text ( and they can check if u have received … because i didnt receive the text ( and they can check if u have received it from them or not ) i dont have any say in this untill i get notification

Yes you do. Tell them you read it on a friends phone and verified on the internet. If they say you have no say then ask them why they are removing your basic consumers rights.

Original Poster

Sociopath;5852417

Yes you do. Tell them you read it on a friends phone and verified on the … Yes you do. Tell them you read it on a friends phone and verified on the internet. If they say you have no say then ask them why they are removing your basic consumers rights.

Absolutely!. I certainly wouldn't leave it there, ask to speak to the retention dept then you'll get someone who can actually do something about it!...

Banned

Sociopath;5852417

Yes you do. Tell them you read it on a friends phone and verified on the … Yes you do. Tell them you read it on a friends phone and verified on the internet. If they say you have no say then ask them why they are removing your basic consumers rights.

i did say i read it on a friends phone , they says that if i didnt receive the text myself that it doesnt affect my contract

Banned

ReVeD;5852434

Absolutely!. I certainly wouldn't leave it there, ask to speak to the … Absolutely!. I certainly wouldn't leave it there, ask to speak to the retention dept then you'll get someone who can actually do something about it!...

i dont want to go into it all and they end up billing me to leave them

how do i check if they changed my terms etc

not received a text either:( probably cos ive got unlimited everything.... although i do get extra charges depending how much i go online on it

Banned

cribert;5852475

not received a text either:( probably cos ive got unlimited … not received a text either:( probably cos ive got unlimited everything.... although i do get extra charges depending how much i go online on it

i get unlimited texts , but my mins are 600 ( i think ) and i have to pay £5 a month to blackberry for my internet and emails

toni15500;5852484

i get unlimited texts , but my mins are 600 ( i think ) and i have to … i get unlimited texts , but my mins are 600 ( i think ) and i have to pay £5 a month to blackberry for my internet and emails

not sure how this cancelation thing works, ill just shout at them if they say no haaha

Banned

cribert;5852491

not sure how this cancelation thing works, ill just shout at them if they … not sure how this cancelation thing works, ill just shout at them if they say no haaha

well let me know what happens if u do call them ! and if they hit u with any fees

toni15500;5852460

i did say i read it on a friends phone , they says that if i didnt … i did say i read it on a friends phone , they says that if i didnt receive the text myself that it doesnt affect my contract

If they are rasing the price of cals then your 600mins are affected. They are just trying to stop you in your tracks.

Banned

Sociopath;5852541

If they are rasing the price of cals then your 600mins are affected. They … If they are rasing the price of cals then your 600mins are affected. They are just trying to stop you in your tracks.

how ? my 600 mins are included , in my package and they havent mentioned at all wether my contract will change or not all they keep saying is that because i havent been notified it doesnt effect me

toni15500;5852559

how ? my 600 mins are included , in my package and they havent mentioned … how ? my 600 mins are included , in my package and they havent mentioned at all wether my contract will change or not all they keep saying is that because i havent been notified it doesnt effect me

So they issue you a blanket statement and you just take it? They charge you after you use 600 minutes don't they? It includes you.

Banned

Sociopath;5852561

So they issue you a blanket statement and you just take it? They charge … So they issue you a blanket statement and you just take it? They charge you after you use 600 minutes don't they? It includes you.

YEAH UR RIGHT !!!! im gonna get my man to call them again :thumbsup:

Let us know what happens-I didnt get a text either and can't find it on the site, the link on here didnt work for me.

Banned

kt21;5852613

Let us know what happens-I didnt get a text either and can't find it on … Let us know what happens-I didnt get a text either and can't find it on the site, the link on here didnt work for me.

i couldnt find anything on it either , but when u call them they know wat ur talkin bout
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians1625
      2. word association Game74044569
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2644
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1027

See more discussions