Cancel your Sky Tv and re sign up ?

7 replies
Found 17th Feb 2010
hi is it possable to cancel your sky and resign up as i was told by one of their customer service people this isnt allowed as they put a block on your household as to stop someone in your household re signing up, i thought when if you cancel you can re sign up at another time, the reason i,m asking is i,ve seen quidco offer £100 cashback plus sky give u £25 in marks n spencers vouchers, anyone had success doing this, canceling and re signing up

1. Misc
  2. Sky
  3. TV
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sky
  3. TV
7 Comments

You can do it pretty much straight away if you use someone elses name, ie your partner.

If you all have the same surname at your household then no, you can't do it straight away.

it will need to be in a different name and different bank account!

i did it straight away, just stated that the mrs and i had split up, have been for a while, i continued to pay for the tv as it was for the kids, but now she wants to take it on all for herself. I cancelled mine, well, gave them the 30 days notice, the mrs phoned up and used the xmas promotion code just stating the same reason as to why we had the same name, basically we split up and she wanted to take on the bill for herself and a friend had given her that xmas promotion code to use..

sorted, £23 a month for sky hd installed and all the channels!

Banned

Yep we do that all the time, you cant get a new customer deal within 12 months of cancelling so me and the boyfriend just swap every 12 months :-)

Banned

toffee31;7869075

it will need to be in a different name and different bank account!

We use same bank account just different names and seems to work ok but maybe they're cracking down recently?

Original Poster

Babbabooey;7869065

If you all have the same surname at your household then no, you can't do … If you all have the same surname at your household then no, you can't do it straight away.

how long do u have to wait before u can use same surname?

Banned

n1ttygr1tty;7869586

how long do u have to wait before u can use same surname?

Just say your seperated and the person who had the account before is moving out.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247572
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769251
    3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974

See more discussions