Cancelled number

Found 19th Apr
I've cancelled my contract phone number & changed it to a new number, but I was wondering if anyone knew if calls and messages get deleted so no one can find them on the old number? I'm confused
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I wouldn't worry about it!
old number will eventually get recycled
you can always check whats happening by calling your old number
When that number is reassigned the new user will not have access to your old messages, Internet history etc. However the phone service provider is obliged by regulations to keep a copy of all this information for a period of time.
As above. The number will be available reissue in around 6 to 12 months.

All the call records/texts will remain on the network servers, but can only be accessed by agencies like the police.
Edited by: "steve1221" 19th Apr
Why didn't you just port your old number across?

Im not saying this is you but I never understand people who change thre Mobile Number every 10 mins.

Ive had the same number for over 25 years now, Im just a bit carefull who I give it out to and rarely post it on the Web..
zirk8 h, 54 m ago

Why didn't you just port your old number across?Im not saying this is you …Why didn't you just port your old number across?Im not saying this is you but I never understand people who change thre Mobile Number every 10 mins.Ive had the same number for over 25 years now, Im just a bit carefull who I give it out to and rarely post it on the Web..

Because if you stay on the same network you get mugged off by keeping your number, new customer deals are cheaper which means you need a new number unless your moving to a new network which then enables you to port over. Most people within a few years find a network they are happy with and can find a good new customer deal with the same provider so don’t need to change provider every 5 mins.

For example my friend kept his number (same tariff as me, phone and upgrade month) he pays £43 per month as existing customer upgrade, I took a new number on same network (I was on that same network too) and pay £31 per month (exact same tariff, network, handset everything). So I will have saved £288 over the course of the contract, hopefully this will help you understand why people change their numbers, quite simply they are astute when it comes to money.
cmdr_elito5 h, 39 m ago

Because if you stay on the same network you get mugged off by keeping your …Because if you stay on the same network you get mugged off by keeping your number, new customer deals are cheaper which means you need a new number unless your moving to a new network which then enables you to port over. Most people within a few years find a network they are happy with and can find a good new customer deal with the same provider so don’t need to change provider every 5 mins.For example my friend kept his number (same tariff as me, phone and upgrade month) he pays £43 per month as existing customer upgrade, I took a new number on same network (I was on that same network too) and pay £31 per month (exact same tariff, network, handset everything). So I will have saved £288 over the course of the contract, hopefully this will help you understand why people change their numbers, quite simply they are astute when it comes to money.

I could absolutely not get a better deal than I currently have as an existing customer with my current provider than I could by being a new customer with the same provider or elsewhere.

Your friend needs to learn how to haggle.
Edited by: "RossD89" 20th Apr
RossD892 h, 12 m ago

I could absolutely not get a better deal than I currently have as an …I could absolutely not get a better deal than I currently have as an existing customer with my current provider than I could by being a new customer with the same provider or elsewhere.Your friend needs to learn how to haggle.

Again depends on the network and what you are going for. Three offer cheap deals to existing customers (but are complete garbage outside major populated areas) but others you can get cheaper new customer deals with cash back etc via quidco/topcashback etc on top.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions