Groups

cancelled order but money taken?

Hey i was going to buy something from game but realised i needed the money for something else so cancelled the order in time and it said the orders been cancelled and no money will be taken
    well i just checked my bank and my money is lower than what it should be i've added up what i've spent so far this week and the only explanation for the missing money is the price of the game

so im just wondering if anyone has experienced this before and will know whether its a security check and the money will be put back in soon or whether i need to ring game and sort it out

thanks zak

8 Comments

Pure speculation.

Check bank account online

get a statement from either the cash machine or inside the bank. otherwise it could be anything, as the person above what you saying it pure speculation

Original Poster

its a very specific amount so i can pretty much tell its the price of the order cancelled

i did think it might have been put into a holding account at least i hope it has

You will need a statement for proof.

Original Poster

CollateralDamage

You will need a statement for proof.

i'll have to wait for my statement to update then as it isnt instant
    i ordered the games yesterday and cancelled yesterday, checked account today and order was cancelled so no mistake there
    it does say something about authorisation of my card if that helps, by authorising it are they checking to see if i had enough funds in my account for the transaction or something?

tinkerbell28

The money has probably been "ringfenced" upon order not taken. Either way … The money has probably been "ringfenced" upon order not taken. Either way you can't touch it.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/smit2174/dir/files/McHammer.gif ?

tinkerbell28

The money has probably been "ringfenced" upon order not taken. Either way … The money has probably been "ringfenced" upon order not taken. Either way you can't touch it.

Exactly this, they pre-authorize your card to check for funds and then have 3-7 days to claim the money.
    Obviously they shouldn't claim it as it wasnt shipped but it will take 3-7 days for the money to be unsuspended
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. word association Game74044563
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33

See more discussions