Groups

Cancelled SKY , Can't use their Sky + record facility. Require £10 per month to use it . Any offers ?

Does sky do special offers on this £10 per month, just to use their sky + service ?

Or another way around it .

Thanks

18 Comments

It's possible or it was, on the white non HD boxes to allow sky plus functions on the fta channels.
    Needs tweaking, used to see them on eBay.

Banned

buy a 2nd hand humax recording freesat box of ebay.

circa £60ish

Here's one, not recommending or vouching for this seller, just providing example
    Look at this on eBay ebay.co.uk/itm…544

I cancelled a few weeks ago (said I was going to use freeview for a bit) a week later they rang me to try and keep my custom and they offered me that facility for free...i still said no though. so yeh, it's possible

It's nice of sky to block that feature on a box you own, I got a Freesat humax box for recording the missus stuff, anything else like films or sport I just download,

Sky has a top notch epg, I'd imagine it's more expensive to support.
    Not seen or used an epg or general ui that's as good. Even humax, in my opinion

Apogee00

I cancelled a few weeks ago (said I was going to use freeview for a bit) … I cancelled a few weeks ago (said I was going to use freeview for a bit) a week later they rang me to try and keep my custom and they offered me that facility for free...i still said no though. so yeh, it's possible

​so they offered you something for free and still said no?? obviously not, or you were a fool.

or maybe they offered you another deal which you found not cheap enough and still said no? very different.

as why say no to something for nothing?

No way round it on a sky box

intuder

No way round it on a sky box

I just proved there is though?

Rich069

​so they offered you something for free and still said no?? obviously n … ​so they offered you something for free and still said no?? obviously not, or you were a fool.or maybe they offered you another deal which you found not cheap enough and still said no? very different.as why say no to something for nothing?

Sky offered me the basics package free for a year
    I cancelled within 6 months as didn't use it as it was rubbish
    So yeah , I said no to something for nothing
    Pointless having something I'm not going to use

Bradleigh

Sky offered me the basics package free for a yearI cancelled within 6 … Sky offered me the basics package free for a yearI cancelled within 6 months as didn't use it as it was rubbishSo yeah , I said no to something for nothingPointless having something I'm not going to use

​so sky+ is rubbish?? to have a free recording facility for free??

Prob one of the best tv inventions ever.

Rich069

​so sky+ is rubbish?? to have a free recording facility for free??Prob o … ​so sky+ is rubbish?? to have a free recording facility for free??Prob one of the best tv inventions ever.

Yep its rubbish unless you have a decent package
    But to be honest its all repeats or repeated so why record it
    Why pay sky £10 per month to record a lack of free channels
    Better off with a freesat recorder and a wider range of free channels

Bradleigh

Yep its rubbish unless you have a decent packageBut to be honest its all … Yep its rubbish unless you have a decent packageBut to be honest its all repeats or repeated so why record itWhy pay sky £10 per month to record a lack of free channelsBetter off with a freesat recorder and a wider range of free channels

​the post i replied to was to record for free.

Of course you wouldnt pay for sonething you didnt use.

Rich069

​the post i replied to was to record for free.Of course you wouldnt pay f … ​the post i replied to was to record for free.Of course you wouldnt pay for sonething you didnt use.

I know , i was giving my experience
    Whats free on sky is not worth recording though
    Probably why he turned it down
    I dont like the idea thet block you accessing what you have recorded once you have ended your contract
    I certainly wouldnt pay to access it either

Rich069

​so they offered you something for free and still said no?? obviously n … ​so they offered you something for free and still said no?? obviously not, or you were a fool.or maybe they offered you another deal which you found not cheap enough and still said no? very different.as why say no to something for nothing?

​ if you must know... I was canceling the account in my name and opening a new one in the Mrs name to take advantage of a massive discount via my friend who works for sky.

Original Poster

Thank you for all the replies. Will look into it...

They offered it to me for free when I cancelled tv but kept broadband

I cancelled Sky tv but kept broadband. Received a letter offering free broadband for 12 months plus they would keep my box live at no cost. Also just received a letter asking us to go back to them with 60% off any tv package plus £75 bill credit.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung Galaxy S633
      2. BT sport on sky boxes46
      3. Amazon spend £20 and get £5 extra44
      4. Xiaomi phones45

See more discussions