Cancelling a contract

7 replies
Found 1st Sep 2016
Hello. Just a quick question - you HDUK'ers are a knowledgeable lot

if I sign up for a contract online/over phone. Am I right in thinking that I can cancel the contract within 14 days cooling off period with no costs to me? Their T&C states I have to pay 90 days worth of fees to pay, but nothing at all mentioned about cooling off period (thought that was a legal requirement?) Thanks

7 Comments

Are they a uk company?
What is the contract for? Will you get an immediate benefit?

Yeah your 100% correct click here

I think it depends on what it was and whether you have used any of their service.

ie if you have taken up a car insurance contract commencing 01/09/16 and cancel it on 06/09/16 you will be at a minimum charged the 6 days usage. Same with mobile phone etc.

Original Poster

Will I get immediate benefit? lol, no I cannot even use the product, Way too complex for me, I got as far as logging in (and that was complex in it self) and that's it . Forgot to mention that contract is business to business, so not sure if the consumer act is the same for businesses?

peter_griffen

Will I get immediate benefit? lol, no I cannot even use the product, Way … Will I get immediate benefit? lol, no I cannot even use the product, Way too complex for me, I got as far as logging in (and that was complex in it self) and that's it . Forgot to mention that contract is business to business, so not sure if the consumer act is the same for businesses?

cooling off period only apply in certain situations. i doubt if business agreements between two businesses will be subject to a blanket 14 days cooling off period.

I was personally able to cancel contracts of both Virgin Media and BT within 14 days (different times). The fact I had agreed online allowed this change of mind.

I also was told by o2 that I had 14 days from the date of activation of a mobile SIM rather than 14 days of agreeing to a deal, so that extended the date of any potential 'cooling off period', I think.

peter_griffen

Will I get immediate benefit? lol, no I cannot even use the product, Way … Will I get immediate benefit? lol, no I cannot even use the product, Way too complex for me, I got as far as logging in (and that was complex in it self) and that's it . Forgot to mention that contract is business to business, so not sure if the consumer act is the same for businesses?

b2b? Consumer protection doesn't apply - check the contract.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2587
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247574
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322829
    4. word association Game74244874

See more discussions