Cancelling a Currys order not delivered yet

Posted 3rd Dec
Need some advice about curry’s

I ordered over the weekend a washing machine won’t be delivered till next Monday,
I might need to cancel the purchase tomorrow.

Is this simple to do? Considering the washing machine won’t be delivered till next Monday ?
I ordered online & paid already.

Let me know if anyone has cancelled before delivery ?
Community Updates
Ask
23 Comments
No direct knowledge but if Currys is obstructive you could consider the fallback of declining the delivery.
Decline the delivery if they can’t/won’t cancel as the order had gone through
you should be able to cancel the order if you call them.

I can't remember cancelling from Curry's but my memory is not great and I have bought so many stuff from them. But I do remember booking a delivery then having to change the delivery date the next day as I was told the wrong day to book. They were very relaxed about changing the date without any issue. I think you will be fine.

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml
Edited by: "mutley1" 4th Dec
Refuse the delivery if it comes to the doorstep but discretely video it.
Ohh ok why do you need the video for ?
BigStart04/12/2019 00:17

As evidence that you declined the delivery.
Just call them to cancel the order. Since it is a big appliance it would most likely be delivered by their own people (and not by a courier company or Royal Mail), so they should be able to easily cancel the delivery. It would save both sides the hassle.
luvclub04/12/2019 02:58

Just call them to cancel the order. Since it is a big appliance it would …Just call them to cancel the order. Since it is a big appliance it would most likely be delivered by their own people (and not by a courier company or Royal Mail), so they should be able to easily cancel the delivery. It would save both sides the hassle.

Yeah will do that tomorrow..
Not sure if I will cancel or not

Depends on washing machine deals with the extra 20 percent off on eBay tomorrow.

If I get a better deal on Ebay will cancel my 349£ LG from curry’s
Seriously call them, they were brilliant and speedy when I called them about a month ago
Call them AND email them.
You should have received an email giving you details of delivery, etc.
That email should explain how to cancel so simply follow the instructions.
(you may get a nice surprise of an offer to price match - if you have found it cheaper elsewhere)
Make sure you get an acknowledgement of your cancellation.
You need to retain evidence of your cancellation so if any attempts are made to deliver you can wave that evidence to the delivery people that you have cancelled.
Edited by: "tardytortoise" 4th Dec
Call them and cancel the order. If they won’t cancel it decline the delivery and block access to the house.
Just ring customer service today and cancel
cmdr_elito04/12/2019 07:45

Call them and cancel the order. If they won’t cancel it decline the d …Call them and cancel the order. If they won’t cancel it decline the delivery and block access to the house.

This gave me images of a panicked HUKD'r throwing everything they own into their driveway like a Les Mis baracade!!
BigStart04/12/2019 00:17

In case they say they did deliver it
adamderak04/12/2019 00:08

Refuse the delivery if it comes to the doorstep but discretely video it.

Discreetly? Why would you need to secretly record outside your own home
adamderak04/12/2019 10:03

In case they say they did deliver it

Yeah but why discreetly it's not illegal to record someone on your property and it's not even illegal to record someone on the street/any public area
luvclub04/12/2019 02:58

Just call them to cancel the order.

What an incredible idea. Nothing like thinking outside the box, eh.
i cancelled a laptop a few weeks ago before delivery and it wasnt an issue,i did tho have to wait around 7 days for the refund to go back onto my card
No need to cancel now as there is no better deal on eBay with the 75£ off for a washing machine. Best stick with the 9KG LG from curry’s with 5 year warranty it’s 315 after cashback
Edited by: "BigStart" 4th Dec
360finder04/12/2019 08:55

This gave me images of a panicked HUKD'r throwing everything they own into …This gave me images of a panicked HUKD'r throwing everything they own into their driveway like a Les Mis baracade!!

I just meant block the driveway or door access.
Norseg04/12/2019 10:47

Discreetly? Why would you need to secretly record outside your own home

Some folks get very pickety about it.
adamderak04/12/2019 15:04

Some folks get very pickety about it.

Idgaf it's my right

Cameras are everywhere, don't even some drivers have cameras inside the van?
There's no privacy outside your home
There was actually a guy on YouTube who used to record strangers and they get angry, it was to make the point that they don't mind cameras watching them everywhere but they mind if they see the person recording them also it is a right but people act so negative about it
Edited by: "Norseg" 4th Dec
cmdr_elito04/12/2019 14:53

I just meant block the driveway or door access.

I thought that. But just had a vision of someone so desperate to save 20% they'd be shouting "I got it cheaper on eBay next day mate, don't need it, don't want it. Take it back pal" from the baracade!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants