Cancelling a paid for game subscription for a refund?

Posted 28th Jan
I recently re-subbed to a game that I used to play online (after 6 months). I paid the monthly subscription and realised that the game still has the flaws I originally left it for.

Anyway, a question in general relating to overall rights when it comes to paid for subscriptions relating to games. Are you entitled to the grace period of 14 days under these circumstances?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
It depends on the jurisdiction of the country where you purchased the game, the method of payment, if you have started the game, how long you have played it, what was the method of delivery, which platform the game is played upon, &/or the terms and conditions you agreed to prior to completing the transaction.

Unless you share some/all of this information, then being vague about what title you are talking about is not going to produce a definitive response to your enquiry.
the terms and conditions probably say not, asking customer support might work anyway if you complain enough. might be quicker to just go through paypal if you can, going through bank might work too but depends on bank
Check the t&C's.
Honestly without something major doesn't work and you can leverage it on social media you don't stand a chance of getting a refund.
deleted1781228/01/2020 23:16

It depends on the jurisdiction of the country where you purchased the …It depends on the jurisdiction of the country where you purchased the game, the method of payment, if you have started the game, how long you have played it, what was the method of delivery, which platform the game is played upon, &/or the terms and conditions you agreed to prior to completing the transaction.Unless you share some/all of this information, then being vague about what title you are talking about is not going to produce a definitive response to your enquiry.

I wasn't referring to this game specifically, just 14 days in relation to online gaming subscriptions (paid for). Also,if a game is buggy, or the GM's are turning a blind eye to world chat (not moderating), botting, cheating which has a direct impact on your experience, can that fall under the term of 'unsatisfactory service'? I often see Judge Rinder use that phrase when it comes to businesses letting down customers.

I'm not sure where a lot of the gaming companies host their games to be honest (country wise), but if they accept customers from any country, then surely they have to deal with that country's laws, right? Kind of like the US has to deal with GDPR.

I guess a subscription is more of a service than a product.
Which game is that?
guru40429/01/2020 00:39

I wasn't referring to this game specifically, just 14 days in relation to …I wasn't referring to this game specifically, just 14 days in relation to online gaming subscriptions (paid for). Also,if a game is buggy, or the GM's are turning a blind eye to world chat (not moderating), botting, cheating which has a direct impact on your experience, can that fall under the term of 'unsatisfactory service'? I often see Judge Rinder use that phrase when it comes to businesses letting down customers.I'm not sure where a lot of the gaming companies host their games to be honest (country wise), but if they accept customers from any country, then surely they have to deal with that country's laws, right? Kind of like the US has to deal with GDPR. I guess a subscription is more of a service than a product.

then just go through bank/paypal if you aren't getting the service you paid for, though they will ahve wanted you to resolve the issue yourself, however if you have contacted admin already about other issues with no reply that could count
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants