Cancelling Amazon Account...

Banned 9 replies
Found 13th Aug 2009
Fed up with amazon and their 'misprices' followed by cancelation emails...

Has anyone managed to cancel an account with them i seem to be going round in circles with them,

i tell them i want to cancel, they send me an email telling me to click the link and submit a request which then leads to them sending me an email telling me to click the link and submit a request.... you get the idea.

And yes i know i could just not order with them anymore but....

9 Comments

Not a bad idea. I'm sure you could phone them up and threaten them, might get you some vouchers.

And yes i know i could just not order with them anymore but....
but?
.....move on brah! ;-)

Remove your registered payment card(s).

Change your postal address to something else.

Change your contact e-mail address to something else (e.g. ).

No more contact from them.

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster Banned

tinkerbell28;6009119

They won't care if you cancel your account or not, so why cut your nose … They won't care if you cancel your account or not, so why cut your nose off to spite your face?Especially coming up to *whispers* Christmas, I know it's the principle and all, but play etc are just as bad, and Amazon had some cracking deals last year, just let it go maybe?

i'll just create a new account, i'm easily bought. ;-)

plus if the free prime trials are running i'll get another stab at using that.

---

finally got there, just had email confirming.

Give them dogs abuse and they will suspend your account.

I did that for other reasons, used to sell on Amazon and one particular customer which I sold a brand spanking new book to, claimed it was old and tatty!!! moaned at amazon, who without investigation refunded the buyer the money, told them to KEEP my book, AND then attempted to claim the refunded money back from me!!!! The brighton Docks that they are....

fortunately I had a prepay card on file and they couldnt get any money from me, however I emailed them constantly with emails as to why they took the action that they did and they did nothing apart from send me a template reply email. It wasnt until I started verbally abusing them to spurn a response, that I actually got one.....and another one...and another one...so i kept on reply until they eventually suspended my account.

In total with fees with what I sold, I paid amazon a 5 figure sum in fees with what I sold....and had no complaints whatsoever until this fraudulent buyer. Over and above that, I bought a lot of stuff from amazon as well.

I havent bought anything from them since and never will. And I cant wait until the day I see them in ruin....

tinkerbell28;6009119

They won't care if you cancel your account or not, so why cut your nose … They won't care if you cancel your account or not, so why cut your nose off to spite your face?Especially coming up to *whispers* Christmas, I know it's the principle and all, but play etc are just as bad, and Amazon had some cracking deals last year, just let it go maybe?

Stand in the corner right now!!!!!

Don't come out till I say so young lady!

:-D

I used to work in retail, and I always thought it was great when people declared that they would never shop in my place again. They seemed to think it would upset me. One less maladjusted whinger to shout at the girls on the checkouts and to disrupt my working day when I had to go over and placate them? Oh no, my heart, it dies. Come back! Come back! Etc.

So stop jumping on the bandwagon whenever somebody posts an obvious misprice which we all know isn't going to be honoured anyway?

dxx;6009681
I used to work in retail, and I always thought it was great when people declared that they would never shop in my place again. They seemed to think it would upset me. One less maladjusted whinger to shout at the girls on the checkouts and to disrupt my working day when I had to go over and placate them? Oh no, my heart, it dies. Come back! Come back! Etc.

"Used" to... says it all really.

If it was your Store, or you had a financial interest in that business you would value the opinion of your (then) customers.

BFN,

fp.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I just found out that I have been paying £65 p/m to sky for tv/broadband/la…89
    2. Google maps on Plusnet46
    3. GoPro Hero 5 Black33
    4. spam regarding paypal33

See more discussions