Cancelling an order/refusing delivery

Found 24th Feb 2012
Yesterday I ordered a £600 bicycle from Chain Reaction Cycles.

Today they have a 10% off deal if you use the code TEN£.

Naturally I ordered the bike again for £540.

Obviously I can send the original bike back for a refund, but what if I refuse the delivery? will it just go back to their warehouse for a refund? I want to save time and courier charges if possible.

I know this situation happens a lot on here and has probably been discusses a thousand times but I'm having problems th the search. Apologies.

Thanks for any help!
Community Updates
Misc
20 Comments
I would just refuse it, although you could have rang the company as they may have just refunded the difference to save their postage/return costs
Original Poster
I couldn't find a number on their website and it's past 5 now.

I've emailed suggesting they don't send the second bike and just refund the original £600. They get their £540 and I get a shiny new bike so we'd both be happy.

We'll see. If the bike arrives I think I'll refuse it.
Read there terms and conditions. A lot of companies won't refund p&p and will impose a restocking fee.
Banned
Lol what about the 20% restocking fee they charge X)
Original Poster
That's not legal though is it? I thought under distance selling regulations I had the right to get all my money back?

The P&P to me was free, when I send the bike back I expect to pay the courier. If I refuse the package I won't pay anything?

I'm worried now. Was it not worth it to save some cash?
Personally, I think it was arrogant to waste their time and money.

You should have spoken to the company first.
7percent

That's not legal though is it? I thought under distance selling … That's not legal though is it? I thought under distance selling regulations I had the right to get all my money back?The P&P to me was free, when I send the bike back I expect to pay the courier. If I refuse the package I won't pay anything?I'm worried now. Was it not worth it to save some cash?

You'll be fine, they have a pretty good returns policy but in future be carefull as technically companies can add charges for returning item and restocking fees. Also some couriers may charge a fee to seller for refused delivery as technically they have fullfilled there end of contract. DSR does not cover changing your mind.

Edited by: "callum84" 24th Feb 2012
funny.onion

Personally, I think it was arrogant to waste their time and money.You … Personally, I think it was arrogant to waste their time and money.You should have spoken to the company first.

this i would have spoken to them def
funny.onion

Personally, I think it was arrogant to waste their time and money.You … Personally, I think it was arrogant to waste their time and money.You should have spoken to the company first.

Totally agree with this, they would have refunded the difference to save themselves the cost of returning item, inspection and restock to inventory.
What are you going to do if you are out and the courier gets your neighbour to sign for it?
I hope you get charged a restocking fee & have to pay the courier for wasting the companies time & money when you really should have called them. I mean was it so hard to google Chain Reaction cycles phone number & get this as a result?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Help.aspx?HelpTopicID=37

I believe in getting a bargain but you've been a dick about it.
Hope they hit you with charges, lots and lots of charges.
I think the laws states that if you order 2 bikes and try to refuse delivery of one of them, the company is allowed to weld them together like this and you have to keep them for ever.

http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00DenTQuLtIPoH/Four-Wheel-Surrey-Bike-XW-SH002-.jpg
realblender

have a look again at DSR. they cant charge restocking fees /postage etc … have a look again at DSR. they cant charge restocking fees /postage etc nor is a reason needed. Op getting a cheaper bike by refusing delivery of the expensive one and screwing the companies profits. I thought that is what this this site is about. well done.!Phone the corrier and ask them to return to sender. For some companie... e.g. walsh western, you can use your tracking number and cancel the delivery online and return to sender.

Your absolutely right mate. Had another read at it. Getting confused with your rights to cancel contract when bought from shop.
Original Poster
Okay, I probably didn't handle this the right way.

The Code I used to order the second bike was only for one day, it ran out at midnight and of course if I can save £60 I will.

I only noticed the code's existence at almost 5pm. I had a look on the site for a phone number and none were obvious. I did e-mail them as soon as I made the second order telling them that I intended to keep only one bike and asking if they could refund the £600 instead of sending out the second order.

I will phone them tomorrow or monday morning and get this sorted out. I thought I was being clever by ordering again, people seem to cancel orders from amazon and the like all the time when the price drops. Hopefully they'll let me cancel one of the orders without any hassle.
7percent

Okay, I probably didn't handle this the right way.The Code I used to … Okay, I probably didn't handle this the right way.The Code I used to order the second bike was only for one day, it ran out at midnight and of course if I can save £60 I will.I only noticed the code's existence at almost 5pm. I had a look on the site for a phone number and none were obvious. I did e-mail them as soon as I made the second order telling them that I intended to keep only one bike and asking if they could refund the £600 instead of sending out the second order.I will phone them tomorrow or monday morning and get this sorted out. I thought I was being clever by ordering again, people seem to cancel orders from amazon and the like all the time when the price drops. Hopefully they'll let me cancel one of the orders without any hassle.

None obvious? Scroll to the bottom of the page, click Contact Us, then click Phone Us, and it gives you the number right there. 44 (0)28 9335 2976 , if you're still stuggling.
Banned
retarded

Tommy two bikes, backpedaling on this one eh!
Original Poster
So they've replied promptly to the e-mail saying they've cancelled my second order and will refund the differenece on the first. Well pleased with that.

Thanks for the help.
Banned
7percent

I couldn't find a number on their website and it's past 5 now.I've … I couldn't find a number on their website and it's past 5 now.I've emailed suggesting they don't send the second bike and just refund the original £600. They get their £540 and I get a shiny new bike so we'd both be happy.We'll see. If the bike arrives I think I'll refuse it.

3rd link

lmgtfy.com/?q=…one

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants