Groups

Cancelling AOL

Phoned up to cancel a week ago, offered me new package for cheaper and a free laptop/router.

I accepted and have just reveived the router. Im now having second thoughts and wanting to go with be there.

Is it possible?, do i have a period in which i can change my mind?.

15 Comments

i think there is a short period with any company, I know my mates mum got hassled by talk talk and accepted to get their broadband and then my mate pointed out to her that they are already on a 18 month contract with AOL so she managed to cancel. i laughed at her though!

if you sign up to the laptop deal you are stuck with them for Two more years otherwise you have to pay a quite big cancellation fee which is more than the Laptop is worth, I think you should have a 14 day cooling off period and I think you may be better off using it.

Be warned......some companies only have a 7 day cooling off period

to be honest with the specs you get with the free laptop your prob better off buying a new one, rather to be stuck for 2 years in contract, its just a cheap gimmick to make u go for the broadband

I would sign up to aol - im with them and they are awful

dandoc2;2657446

What:?

dandoc2;2657446

ehhh???? :?

AOL's been rubbih since Talk Talkrap merged, took 3 weeks to get on my bank site and it always asks to do an update, but wont actualy install it grrr

If you have a current contract ending try to cancel, they give you stuff, but insist you dont want to start a new contract saying you will stay but not if you have to have 18 mths, well it worked for me. :-D just keep on

I have no problem with AOL, I have in the past threatened twice to cancel with them,simply to get a better deal and now i get 8mb broadband, half price router due to the last time i threatened to cancel, and a couple of months ago they gave me talk unlimited for nothing as long as i stayed a broadband customer all for £9.99 per month. Cant remember ever having to call them up in the past 2 years with a problem.

andym6561;2658126

I have no problem with AOL, I have in the past threatened twice to cancel … I have no problem with AOL, I have in the past threatened twice to cancel with them,simply to get a better deal and now i get 8mb broadband, half price router due to the last time i threatened to cancel, and a couple of months ago they gave me talk unlimited for nothing as long as i stayed a broadband customer all for £9.99 per month. Cant remember ever having to call them up in the past 2 years with a problem.

Yeah mine was like that, I get 8meg @ £9.99 too, may be my ol belkin is gettin old n knackered :whistling:

Original Poster

Got a letter saying download usage is 40gb a month, i was on unlimted before.

Going to have to cancel i think, also this 3 letters malarky doesnt do them any favours!

I think AOL is handled by the carphonewarehouse in the UK so if you have any beef, it might be easier to deal with it instore rather than talking to a call centre on the other side of the world (I am with AOL/carphonewarehouse too)

Been with AOL for years with no problems. Does anyone know if they still do that refer a friend offer? I can't find any info about it.

Abvance;2660283

Been with AOL for years with no problems. Does anyone know if they still … Been with AOL for years with no problems. Does anyone know if they still do that refer a friend offer? I can't find any info about it.

Click on AOL keyword,and type in soaf

andym6561;2657482

What:?

cheerleader;2657494

ehhh???? :?

sorry missed otu the nt
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324