Cancelling BT broadband

Found 24th Nov 2017
Hi,

After receiving the email from BT regarding the price increase I know that I can leave without paying any fee's, do I need to inform them I'm leaving or will my new provider do that for me?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
2 Comments

You can but expect to be on the phone a long time while they try to convince you not to, your new provider will do it and you will get an email from your current provider saying they have had a request to move you and if they don't hear from you in a specific time frame it will go ahead.

If you are within your contract period, in order to avoid an early exit fee, you MUST call BT. They can make it really difficult for you otherwise, and you really do not want the hassle of claiming your money back later.

If you had the same e-mail as me, it says:

"You don't need to do anything but if you want to change something, please give us a call. If you want to leave and you're within your minimum contract term, you'll need to call us within 30 days of receiving this email to avoid paying a charge for leaving early. You'll need to give us 30 days' notice to leave (or 14 days if you're switching to a new provider). We won't charge you for any increase in price during that time."

Yes, they will try to persuade you to stay, but if you keep saying that you wish to leave the call will be quite short. Mine took 2 minutes. When you then sign up with a new provider, they will let BT know that they are taking over.

HTH.
Edited by: "Resali" 24th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions