Cancelling sky

Found 1st Jun
So I am going to cancel my sky subs this week

Do you still get the ‘free’ channels if you kept the sky box ? Or will I need to get something else to view them?

Thanks
Community Updates
AskSkyStreaming
8 Comments
You'll get the freeview channels but you won't have any ability to record
If 'normal' SKY HD then yes you'll get the free channels but if you have SKY Q you have to return the box so you would need an alternative.
If you have Sky+ or older, you own the box and can view all freeview channels. However, if you have Sky Q, Sky own the equipment so they will ask for it back.
The only annoying thing about using a sky box for freesat is that you cannot filter out the channels that aren't free so you have to be choosy with the TV guide.

I used one for a while before switching to a Humax fresat box with external HD for recording, it was prety good but have since moved onto a used BT Youview Ultra box and it's brilliant, far better menu system and guide than Virgin or Sky offer ...downside being that you will need a TV aerial.
You'll still need a viewing card from Sky which will cost you £25: sky.com/sho…me/
bobdylan1 h, 14 m ago

You'll still need a viewing card from Sky which will cost you £25: …You'll still need a viewing card from Sky which will cost you £25: http://www.sky.com/shop/freesat/home/

Not if you've already got one.
daletharper28 m ago

Not if you've already got one.

If you have a sky box ( like the whole point of this thread ) , yu will have had on of these
List of the channels are here:

ukfree.tv/cha…Sky
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants