Cancelling Sky+ HD. Will I receive Freeview?

10 replies
Found 1st Mar 2011
Probably going to cancel my existing Sky+HD subscription in the near future. If I cancel and still retain the Sky box and viewing card, will I still be able to receive the normal selection of Freeview channels on the viewing card, or will I need something different? Obviously, I appreciate that I'm no longer going to be able to use the Sky+ facility etc.

Thanks

10 Comments

You'll get the freeview channels, if you pay them a tenner a month you can record using sky+ too

its not a freeview box so you wont get the channels like you do on freeview box but you would get something close to it

MR1123

its not a freeview box so you wont get the channels like you do on … its not a freeview box so you wont get the channels like you do on freeview box but you would get something close to it

This is more accurate; technically you will receive freeSAT not freeview - there are some minor differences in channel selections.

Check out here for listings: Freesat Listing

evolution07

This is more accurate; technically you will receive freeSAT not freeview - … This is more accurate; technically you will receive freeSAT not freeview - there are some minor differences in channel selections.Check out here for listings: Freesat Listing

Not at all accurate.

The OP will get FreesatfromSky, which is different to Freesat.

Original Poster

All - thanks for the advice. Happy to get a nice selection of Freesat channels, as long as it's not just the 5 or 6 basic ones.

Ta.

The best way to find out wat you will get is ............ Take your sky card out of the box then go through the chanals from BBC 1 onwards do not skip any so this way you'll see all chanals you get.

You'll get about 240 TV channels and 90 Digital Radio channels with Freesat from Sky

Robotochan

You'll get about 240 TV channels and 90 Digital Radio channels with … You'll get about 240 TV channels and 90 Digital Radio channels with Freesat from Sky

Indeed, over 200 of them will be complete rubbish.(_;)

free to air* with card :lol
Edited by: "dontasciime" 1st Mar 2011

If you contact them and tell them that you want to leave...times are hard, money's tight blah-de-blah you could get a serious reduction on your monthly subscription...not free I grant you but if you fancy keeping your channels but don't want your current monthly subscription cost t might be the way to go.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gala Bingo/Games. Deposit £5 get £40 cashback. Quidco - new Gala members12
    2. Why can't I connect my nectar to eBay?58
    3. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!34
    4. Spotify family22

See more discussions