Groups

Cancelling SKY HD within 12 months contract.

I currently pay around 67.00 a month for the full sky package. I have had this from February, is there any way I can cancel this as ?I have just been made redundant and I really cannot afford this

11 Comments

I doubt it, i cancelled my sky sports and the moved earlier on this year but they wouldn't let me cancel the hd part of it until i had been on it for 12 months.

You might be able to downgrade it though

you can prolly reduce it down significantly... I dont think they will allow you to cancel it completely without incurring extra charges.

so sorry to hear you've been made redundant x x

try and ring retentions , how long have you been a sky customers , they might cut you some slack

Original Poster

spobby;6034333

try and ring retentions , how long have you been a sky customers , they … try and ring retentions , how long have you been a sky customers , they might cut you some slack

We have beem with them for around 17 years I think and have always had the full package including sports etc.

bluebindy123;6034345

We have beem with them for around 17 years I think and have always had … We have beem with them for around 17 years I think and have always had the full package including sports etc.

so you've been a subscriber for 17 years but have only just got hd?

If thats the case you will be able to downgrade to the lowest package but still have to pay the £10 a month extra for the hd until the end of the 12 months

Try reducing it to the base pack

Should cost you about £26 instead

Bad luck on the redundancy buddy :-(

try phoning them they may cancel it if you return the box ,you can only try .good luck with jobhunting

i was made redundant in march and sky didn't want to know, also vodafone were the same, there attitude was you took the contract out you pay for it till the end of the contract:?

If you really cant afford it contact the Citizens AB they will help. Martins money saving forum might have som tips?

Original Poster

Pleased to say I got it down to 27.50 a month a lot better than 67.00. When my years skyHD contract is up in February I will then cancel fully. Cheers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764676
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4302020
      3. Samsung Note 844
      4. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1215

See more discussions