Cancelling Sky TV

Posted 4th Mar
Just raised a live chat with a sky agent. Package due to come to an end and price increases forthcoming so I wanted a new deal. He didn’t seem interested in trying to retain my custom and offered minimal discounts. I therefore decided to cancel the package after 14 years loyal service.

My question is are they likely to contact me and offer me a tempting save deal or will I move onto pastures new?...
Community Updates

Groups

15 Comments
I’m a week into my cancellation and no communication at all
I think companys like to bluff you as much as they can, Virgin did it with me. After I cancelled 2 weeks later they called, crap deal, then 1 week later again, crap deal
I had a letter come through post to say my monthly price is increasing by £5 before I've even had my first bill! Not only that the 150mb broadband I'm paying for with a min guaranteed limit of 100 is getting 38-40 at the router.

Now I remember why I left Sky all those years ago....
We ended up leaving. Long story short agreed a price we were happy with, with one advisor but the conversation cut off at 8pm when the call centre closes. Rang the following day to be told they wouldn't honour what was agreed so continued with the cancellation. They rang a couple of times before we left but the offers were terrible so didn't bother!
Best deal I got was 2 days after the 30 day cancellation period ended. Was a customer for 16 odd years, only lose was platinum level of sky vip.
I did the same last year and nobody contacted me.
I then went back onto the chat just before it ran out and pretended I couldn't remember when it ran out and then got offered a good deal.
Toon_army04/03/2020 12:38

I think companys like to bluff you as much as they can, Virgin did it with …I think companys like to bluff you as much as they can, Virgin did it with me. After I cancelled 2 weeks later they called, crap deal, then 1 week later again, crap deal

I dint know what Sky are like but I phoned Virgin Media on Sunday to put my notice in to leave at the end of the month, they rang me the next day with an offer. 200mb broadband and a 2gb sim for £19pm so I took it and sold the sim to my niece for a monthly fee
They might contact you but make sure your 'preferences' allow them to.
Thanks everyone. I’ll hold out and see what they offer 🤞🏻
They sent me a text asking to call them but I'd had enough at that point. They wanted to put me up by £40 to start with, and the best internet they could offer to my house was 35 meg guaranteed. Didn't listen to their offer after the shocking customer service and poor internet I dealt with in the last 3 months of my contract.
kingmonkey6904/03/2020 14:03

Thanks everyone. I’ll hold out and see what they offer 🤞🏻

There's a very good thread specifically on this at mse.com.

Don't know if i'm able to post the link here so sent you a dm.
I think Sky have decided that the cancellation game has come to an end. You will only get a deal if you actually go through with it, don't expect a deal until it is actually switched off.

ofcom.org.uk/abo…als
Edited by: "scottishpunter" 4th Mar
I phoned last week, went to India call center said I wanted to cancel as it was too expensive, then got put through to retentions in Scotland. Said it was too expensive and basically don't use it. Gave a crap offer and declined, then she spoke to "her manager" and got entertainment for £14 and price hike cancelled from my account in April.
I have played the cancellation game before and after a period of a few weeks started to receive ‘come back for 75% off’ emails etc but I’m frankly bored of having to haggle with Sky every 12 to 18 months or where they decide to put prices up. Service isn’t brilliant either. I received the price hike email last week and opted to take my phone and fibre contract elsewhere, initiated a switch after which I was bombarded with messages from Sky telling me early repayment charges are due despite being within the 30 day Ofcom window for leaving without penalty - called them to be told the messages were sent in error but they didn’t even attempt to talk me into staying.
Edited by: "joeydeacon" 4th Mar
I contacted sky again today and managed to get the whole package excluding sky movies but including Netflix for £40. Pretty pleased if I’m honest!
Edited by: "kingmonkey69" 7th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants