Expired

Cancelling sun + subscription

Found 20th Feb 2014
I forgot to cancel an account for the sun plus and they charged me yesterday. Can I get a refund as it is within 7 days?
Community Updates
Ask
27 Comments
If they charged you yesterday, you would have had to have given notice by 14th. 7 day cancellation only applies to the join date.

10. YOUR CANCELLATION RIGHTS: If you change your mind you have seven days in which to cancel your membership starting with the day after your membership start date (“Cooling-Off Period”). At all other times, to cancel your membership you must give a minimum of 5 days’ notice before your next payment is due. All cancellation notices must be given by visiting the My Account page of our website and following the instructions for cancellation. Upon termination of Sun+ Membership all membership benefits will immediately end. Further, if you have not been a Sun+ member for a continuous, uninterrupted two month period, paying the standard rate or using 20 codes per month (excluding any trial period), from your Sun+ membership start date any Sun+ Dream Team package entries will not be eligible to win any Dream Team prizes. Refunds will only be given to customers cancelling during Cooling-off Period.
BeerDrinker

If they charged you yesterday, you would have had to have given notice by … If they charged you yesterday, you would have had to have given notice by 14th. 7 day cancellation only applies to the join date.10. YOUR CANCELLATION RIGHTS: If you change your mind you have seven days in which to cancel your membership starting with the day after your membership start date (“Cooling-Off Period”). At all other times, to cancel your membership you must give a minimum of 5 days’ notice before your next payment is due. All cancellation notices must be given by visiting the My Account page of our website and following the instructions for cancellation. Upon termination of Sun+ Membership all membership benefits will immediately end. Further, if you have not been a Sun+ member for a continuous, uninterrupted two month period, paying the standard rate or using 20 codes per month (excluding any trial period), from your Sun+ membership start date any Sun+ Dream Team package entries will not be eligible to win any Dream Team prizes. Refunds will only be given to customers cancelling during Cooling-off Period.

So there is no way on earth I can get a refund?
Surely there is a law saying you can? Consumer Protection Regulations?
They are providing a service. As the service has already commenced and you have the use of it, you have no right of refund.
Simply chalk it up to poor timekeeping and cancel it before next month.
jakub313

Surely there is a law saying you can? Consumer Protection Regulations?

Your fault not their fault. Cancel for next month and take it on the chiin..
Hi how do you cancel it?
podface1

Hi how do you cancel it?

live chat
jakub313

live chat

Ok thanks
You deserve this for having multiple accounts. Haha. You won't get the money back from The Sun.
I don't own a PC or laptop and it says I need to cancel my account via 1 is there any other way to cancel I'm still in my two month free period but never use the site had to sign up due to dream team any help would be great even there number
They promised an email to say when the free subscription would expire so people could cancel if they wanted to. Needless to say that email never appeared and they just took the money! For that reason I will be getting my money back......No problem!
Did you get your money back?

I wish I never bothered with their stupid dream team now and crappy paper now.

I've cancelled 6 days before it was due to start payment and missed the 7 day deadline
I cancelled my Sun+ account on the same day as I registered my team. so why have I been charged?
Don't use livechat, they'll just eventually tell you to phone this number! 08000285369 so save your time and don't bother with the live chat.
Just cancelled via palpal. They tried to take money but no joy.
Just thought I would add my experience to this thread. I joined Sun+ to enter Dream Team and received a free 2 month trial which ended on 15th October. I was charged £7.99 the next day as I also forgot to cancel my subscription and didn't receive a notification email either. I was daft enough to forget but they blatantly did not send out a reminder either.

I've cancelled my Paypal subscription and also rang up the hotline to make sure they had no come back so say that I did not inform them.

I was told it would be in my interest to go to the Sun+ perks page and recoup as many perks as possible which initially sounded reasonable only to then be told to get in touch 5 days before the 15th November to finally cancel my account.

Realising they weren't going to cancel my account like I originally asked I insisted they cancel my subscription on the spot. It seems that once you cancel the subscription all membership benefits end immediately even if you've paid for a month! I think I'll manage to live without the perks though.

Needless to say I won't be subscribing for the service again!
Edited by: "DynamiteKid" 18th Oct 2014
Thought I'd share my experience too. I raised a Paypal dispute and won. Paypal resolution team refunded my £7.99 so I'm happy! I cancelled 5 days before the end of my subcription but apparently it had to be 7 days. I think Paypal team agreed with me that charging someone 5 days after they have cancelled is pushing it too far.
I want to cancel
Just another rip off hard to cancel after you start they require 6 full working days notice
Keep trying to cancel can not do this please help me to achieve this thank you.
I just cancelled paypal direct debit and removed email assigned to that. Seemed to stop them.
hi, just to add my experience, signed up for sun perks 14/o4/15 cancelled 20/04/15/ refunded me the same day THEN 3 hours later took from my paypal again, rang 5 times to ask for a refund, as of 13/05/15 STILL NO REFUND. not happy, i have bought sun everyday since 1972. i will never buy another sun. its the STAR for me
jakub313

I forgot to cancel an account for the sun plus and they charged me … I forgot to cancel an account for the sun plus and they charged me yesterday. Can I get a refund as it is within 7 days?

Just cancelled mine, took a while to get through and they did ask me did i sign up for the legoland offer (_;) but pretty painless to cancel.
Why would you sign up to such a publication in the first place?!?!
can you please send me the number to cancel subscription
itsdavidjones1984

Why would you sign up to such a publication in the first place?!?!

when i was young, guys used to buy the sun to look at womens chests.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants