Groups
    EXPIRED

cancelling virgin contract

SuperEd
    just spoken to virgin stated i recieved a letter stating they are putting my package up by £2.50 and succesfully cancelled with no charges and 30 days notice bye bye virgin!!!!

17 Comments

Banned

Im pretty sure that you can cancel without penalty if a company changes their terms i.e increases charges.

Either way good one Op

Original Poster SuperEd

lottysdad08;7814248

Im pretty sure that you can cancel without penalty if a company changes … Im pretty sure that you can cancel without penalty if a company changes their terms i.e increases charges.Either way good one Op

but i didnt receive the letter :thumbsup: but they stated all packages are going up by £2.50 in april and tried to say it has to be 10% of your package which is nonsense! roll on 13th march!

take it you dont like virgin then?lol... is sky cheaper?

cant see anything about price changes online anyone have a link?

n1ttygr1tty;7814343

cant see anything about price changes online anyone have a link?

i found this but it does seems going up by £2.50:whistling:
    ]http//ww…php

Original Poster SuperEd

_kells_;7814324

take it you dont like virgin then?lol... is sky cheaper?

nothing but problems with virgin :thumbsup:

Banned

goonertillidie;7814297

but i didnt receive the letter :thumbsup: but they stated all packages … but i didnt receive the letter :thumbsup: but they stated all packages are going up by £2.50 in april and tried to say it has to be 10% of your package which is nonsense! roll on 13th march!

depends what package you are on. My 10mb BB and line rental will now be £18.99 per month (up £1.49).

Cant find a better deal than that

virginmedia.com/myv…php

Mine would go up by £3.50! OMG

Just called them and they said that the discount will go up too, so prob looking at £1.75 increase. Not really impressed - will be paying £41.25 for:

M Broadband
    XL Tv (one V+ and one additional STB)
    Phone line (all calls included - talk unlimited)

Still I think thats expensive....not sure I would get cheaper elsewhere though

bargainhunter2009;7815035

Mine would go up by £3.50! OMGJust called them and they said that the … Mine would go up by £3.50! OMGJust called them and they said that the discount will go up too, so prob looking at £1.75 increase. Not really impressed - will be paying £41.25 for:M BroadbandXL Tv (one V+ and one additional STB)Phone line (all calls included - talk unlimited)Still I think thats expensive....not sure I would get cheaper elsewhere though

Mine will also go up by £3.50 to, we currently have M Broadband, XL tv + 1 additonal box (standard) and evening weekend calls for £58 (without this increase !!) so yours is a way better deal than mine

just rang them to complain ref the price increase ...... Getting a V+ box installed at £30, and line rental discounts now make it only £45 month not bad - worth a phone call of complaint to them .

just checked no increase for me, glad i stuck with bt for line rental lol, looks like virgin is going to be more expensive than bt's lol so much for being competitve with bt lol

it might be an excuse to get rid of my virgin and try get some quidco cashback elswhere ;O) does any one know of anywhere i could get TV and broadband, without having a line rental please?

Original Poster SuperEd

_kells_;7816088

it might be an excuse to get rid of my virgin and try get some quidco … it might be an excuse to get rid of my virgin and try get some quidco cashback elswhere ;O) does any one know of anywhere i could get TV and broadband, without having a line rental please?

not sure whata bout bt vision?

Banned

bargainhunter2009;7815035

Mine would go up by £3.50! OMGJust called them and they said that the … Mine would go up by £3.50! OMGJust called them and they said that the discount will go up too, so prob looking at £1.75 increase. Not really impressed - will be paying £41.25 for:M BroadbandXL Tv (one V+ and one additional STB)Phone line (all calls included - talk unlimited)Still I think thats expensive....not sure I would get cheaper elsewhere though

How can something eb expensive if it isn't cheaper anywhere else? :roll:

part of the email

One further change we need to tell you about is to your Virgin Media bundle. From April, your bundle discount will be reduced by £1. But even so, we think you’ll find it’s still a great deal.

Increase the pices then kick you in the balls by saying it's still a great deal, urm no, leaving the prices alone would have been better.

vikkiwathall;7815199

Mine will also go up by £3.50 to, we currently have M Broadband, XL tv … Mine will also go up by £3.50 to, we currently have M Broadband, XL tv + 1 additonal box (standard) and evening weekend calls for £58 (without this increase !!) so yours is a way better deal than mine

Oh ok great! Makes me feel bit better

vikkiwathall;7815473

just rang them to complain ref the price increase ...... Getting a V+ box … just rang them to complain ref the price increase ...... Getting a V+ box installed at £30, and line rental discounts now make it only £45 month not bad - worth a phone call of complaint to them .

Good one! I have V+ its great. They gave me all the calls for free when I moved house, although I will get rid when renewal is up in July as I dont use the home phone for calls. Use mobile.

colinsunderland;7816748

How can something eb expensive if it isn't cheaper anywhere else? :roll:

True! Sky is well expensive

pinkleponkle;7816798

part of the emailOne further change we need to tell you about is to your … part of the emailOne further change we need to tell you about is to your Virgin Media bundle. From April, your bundle discount will be reduced by £1. But even so, we think you’ll find it’s still a great deal.Increase the pices then kick you in the balls by saying it's still a great deal, urm no, leaving the prices alone would have been better.

Well still that is still £2.50 extra for me

Banned

n1ttygr1tty;7815572

just checked no increase for me, glad i stuck with bt for line rental … just checked no increase for me, glad i stuck with bt for line rental lol, looks like virgin is going to be more expensive than bt's lol so much for being competitve with bt lol

no, bt line rental is still more expensive than VM even after the increase

oh, btw

hotukdeals.com/ite…ing
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1847
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …183473
      3. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October1022
      4. Any PS4 News Here29213642

See more discussions