Cancelling Virgin Media

Posted 10th Apr
Has anyone cancelled with Virgin Media during the last couple of weeks?

I only have home phone and 100mb broadband. Was paying £44 a month but now the 6 month promotion is over and its gone to £58 a month. Feel i am paying way too much. Looking for some loyalty discount from them really seeing as been with them for around 20 years since the Telewest Broadband days. Seen on the MSE site that new customers pay around £34 for 300mb!

I want to try the method of cancelling and then have retentions call me back with a decent offer. However, a little concerned if they dont call back due to not many people working and then am cut off for good which i cant have as i work from home.

Any advice or recent stories?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
Been trying to call them for 3 days but keeps getting cut off whilst on hold.
You had a typical 6 month promo. But how long you locked in for? It's usually 12/18 months.
If this is the case, you can't leave penalty free
FreeDeal10/04/2020 10:24

You had a typical 6 month promo. But how long you locked in for? It's …You had a typical 6 month promo. But how long you locked in for? It's usually 12/18 months.If this is the case, you can't leave penalty free

Yes you will be probably locked in now to a contract.
FreeDeal10/04/2020 10:24

You had a typical 6 month promo. But how long you locked in for? It's …You had a typical 6 month promo. But how long you locked in for? It's usually 12/18 months.If this is the case, you can't leave penalty free

Not in a fixed contract, never have been with them.
sir78610/04/2020 11:22

Not in a fixed contract, never have been with them.

You sure? I would check this, as they don't give any discount without kicking you into a contract.
Just got off the phone to them and had my bill reduced to £24 a month for 100mb still more than I would like to pay but got 14day cooling off period if something better comes up.
bally1234510/04/2020 11:25

Just got off the phone to them and had my bill reduced to £24 a month for …Just got off the phone to them and had my bill reduced to £24 a month for 100mb still more than I would like to pay but got 14day cooling off period if something better comes up.

Is it 12 month contract
bally1234510/04/2020 11:25

Just got off the phone to them and had my bill reduced to £24 a month for …Just got off the phone to them and had my bill reduced to £24 a month for 100mb still more than I would like to pay but got 14day cooling off period if something better comes up.

Thats decent i think. Which number and options did you choose to get through to them and how long did you have to wait?
Weird. Usually there's contract for 12 months and promotional offer for at least 12 (I've got 18mths last time). I pay 40 for 350mbps so not the best but I'm happy with what I've got. 100? I would say 30 is fine price for it. I know that some people go lower apparently but these prices looks okay for me.
bally1234510/04/2020 13:03

Yes fixed price for 12 months no price increase

Mine said 30£
Managed to get through to someone, waited around 30 mins. Kept the same package, 100mb broadband and free anytime calls. Was paying £58.50 now £36 per month. Reduced by £22.50 which i am happy with, saving around £265 a yr. I am now in a 12 month contract though.
sir78610/04/2020 16:42

Managed to get through to someone, waited around 30 mins. Kept the same …Managed to get through to someone, waited around 30 mins. Kept the same package, 100mb broadband and free anytime calls. Was paying £58.50 now £36 per month. Reduced by £22.50 which i am happy with, saving around £265 a yr. I am now in a 12 month contract though.

What options did you use, was it the thinking of leaving route. My loyalty discount has expired but couldn't get through a couple of weeks ago so left it but if they are now taking calls I'll give it a go.
Wow! I pay £29 per month for line rental, talk weekends although never use the landline, 100mbps bb and tivo and thought I was paying too much
Edited by: "chocci" 10th Apr
How abt fibre optic deals
smargetts10/04/2020 19:49

What options did you use, was it the thinking of leaving route. My loyalty …What options did you use, was it the thinking of leaving route. My loyalty discount has expired but couldn't get through a couple of weeks ago so left it but if they are now taking calls I'll give it a go.

Yeah it was the thinking of leaving options i selected.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions