Cancelling VM within cooling period

Posted 27th Dec 2019
Hi All,

Just ordered a VM broadband yesterday. Double minded now and thinking to go with Vodafone broadband. I know VM does a soft check on credit.

Wanted to know if cancelling and going to Vodafone will affect credit rating or anything?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
A soft check wouldn’t affect anything, but as far as I know they do a hard search so yeah it could, depends how many searches you’ve had recently.
An occasional hard ccheck should not negatively impact a consumer credit file, especially compared to the subsequent impact of (assumed) repetitive positive payment performance reporting. Some lenders may have qualifying criteria of "no more than xx hard cchecks within mm months" regardless of (positive) payment performance. Soft cchecks should not impact regardless of frequency.
vodafone.co.uk/pri…cks
Why switch surely VM is better even on their lowest tier you will be getting 100Mbps
Virgin guys said they do a soft check not hard. I am not sure I will check with them.
I have had a hard check for mortgage recently.
Spoke to Vodafone and their customer services is appalling, told me to stay with Virgin :/
haa051827/12/2019 18:17

Spoke to Vodafone and their customer services is appalling, told me to …Spoke to Vodafone and their customer services is appalling, told me to stay with Virgin :/

Probably the best advice they've ever given.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions