Cancer treatment prescription reminder...........

Found 9th Feb 2009
First post so please be gentle!

Wasn't sure if this should be in Freebies as its limited to certain people.........Please move if so.

From April 1st (no April Fool) all patients receiving treatment for cancer are entitled to free prescriptions, you can apply now at your GP surgery using a VERY simple form.A prepayment certificate will be sent which is valid for 5 years on all prescriptions cancer related or not and can continue to be used for the life of the certificateeven if treatment is no longer being given for cancer.

Hope this helps someone as treatment costs add up and every little helps.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
14 Comments

kt21MatchstickJoin Date: Feb 2009Posts: 15

First post so please be gentle!

Me thinks someone is talking ploppy chops!

And so they should be free!

Thanks for the info, I'm sure some will find it useful.

oh, and welcome to HUKD

so they should they have to pay enough transport costs and have enough on their plate without paying for prescriptions. I'm lucky living in wales I get my prescriptions free x x x x x x

StevenA2000_uk;4335070

Me thinks someone is talking ploppy chops!

I reckon she meant 1st thread:-D

Thanks kt21, I didn't know this. Think it's about time too to be honest;-)

hannah19790;4335113

I reckon she meant 1st thread:-DThanks kt21, I didn't know this. Think … I reckon she meant 1st thread:-DThanks kt21, I didn't know this. Think it's about time too to be honest;-)

You had to pick me up on that didnt you :-D

Original Poster

Thanks Hannah, y
Yes I do mean mean 1st post as in thread. Having seen some comments on good deals or info I was obviously worired about negative comments like StevenA2000's.
Thin this is an important issue to mention though as a lot of people don't seem to be aware of it yet.

StevenA2000_uk;4335154

You had to pick me up on that didnt you :-D

Haha yh, u can always count on me

kt21;4335169

Thanks Hannah, Yes I do mean mean 1st post as in thread. Having seen some … Thanks Hannah, Yes I do mean mean 1st post as in thread. Having seen some comments on good deals or info I was obviously worired about negative comments like StevenA2000's.Thin this is an important issue to mention though as a lot of people don't seem to be aware of it yet.

Absolutely, extremely important hun - good on u;-)

kt21;4335169

Thanks Hannah, yYes I do mean mean 1st post as in thread. Having seen … Thanks Hannah, yYes I do mean mean 1st post as in thread. Having seen some comments on good deals or info I was obviously worired about negative comments like StevenA2000's.Thin this is an important issue to mention though as a lot of people don't seem to be aware of it yet.

You're right, it is serious. But some of us enjoy life and have a sense of humour that we enjoy. Not everyone should stand to attention with ears back on what someone else considers a serious topic. Relax and chill out a little OP.

Many people who have and are dying of cancer still want to enjoy every last breath of fresh air and losing several family members to it including my father in the last 2 years I am well aware of importance of the issue.......lighten up.

Geez, I wish I hadnt repped you now. :roll:

StevenA2000_uk;4335236

You're right, it is serious. But some of us enjoy life and have a sense … You're right, it is serious. But some of us enjoy life and have a sense of humour that we enjoy. Not everyone should stand to attention with ears back on what someone else considers a serious topic. Relax and chill out a little OP. Many people who have and are dying of cancer still want to enjoy every last breath of fresh air and losing several family members to it including my father in the last 2 years I am well aware of importance of the issue.......lighten up.Geez, I wish I hadnt repped you now. :roll:

so sorry to hear about your dad. my sister lost her father-in-law to cancer not so long back. he was diagnosed with it and less than a week later he died. x x x x xx

StevenA2000_uk;4335236

You're right, it is serious. But some of us enjoy life and have a sense … You're right, it is serious. But some of us enjoy life and have a sense of humour that we enjoy. Not everyone should stand to attention with ears back on what someone else considers a serious topic. Relax and chill out a little OP. Many people who have and are dying of cancer still want to enjoy every last breath of fresh air and losing several family members to it including my father in the last 2 years I am well aware of importance of the issue.......lighten up.Geez, I wish I hadnt repped you now. :roll:

Yh, I'm sorry to here about ur Dad too hun.;-)

Angelstar;4335281

so sorry to hear about your dad. my sister lost her father-in-law to … so sorry to hear about your dad. my sister lost her father-in-law to cancer not so long back. he was diagnosed with it and less than a week later he died. x x x x xx

hannah19790;4335312

Yh, I'm sorry to here about ur Dad too hun.;-)

Cheers guys! Its being so close to serious and terminal conditions that makes people enjoy life and want to enjoy life so much more coz they realise that when the thought of the loss of life hits home...everything else falls into insignificance.....

Its tragic, its sad, its unfair and its emotional.......but it also happens and nobody can stop it.

I give to many charities every year, especially Cancer Research which I give a few quid to every month.

Although I can understand and realise seriousness...I prefer to see the enjoyable and positive side of things.....and regardless of the circumstances I'd rather laugh than cry....after all, it takes dozens of muscles to frown....but less than a dozen to smile

Original Poster

Thanks for the rep-hadn't realised,
Sorry to hear about your family members, I too have lost close family members to cancer and have personal links with cancer so actually do try to live life to the full . If I can I try to help others I will.

StevenA2000_uk;4335384

Cheers guys! Its being so close to serious and terminal conditions that … Cheers guys! Its being so close to serious and terminal conditions that makes people enjoy life and want to enjoy life so much more coz they realise that when the thought of the loss of life hits home...everything else falls into insignificance.....Its tragic, its sad, its unfair and its emotional.......but it also happens and nobody can stop it. I give to many charities every year, especially Cancer Research which I give a few quid to every month.Although I can understand and realise seriousness...I prefer to see the enjoyable and positive side of things.....and regardless of the circumstances I'd rather laugh than cry....after all, it takes dozens of muscles to frown....but less than a dozen to smile

I'm with u 100% on that hun;-)

kt21;4335401

Thanks for the rep-hadn't realised, Sorry to hear about your family … Thanks for the rep-hadn't realised, Sorry to hear about your family members, I too have lost close family members to cancer and have personal links with cancer so actually do try to live life to the full . If I can I try to help others I will.

And u have hun, like I said I didn't knw and I will pss it on too:thumbsup:

thanks will let mum in law know as she is recovering at mo
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. School shoes - with lights33
    2. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...89
    3. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.36
    4. Foo fighters presale code.3436

See more discussions