Candle lovers, i need your opinions please

Posted 2nd Dec
If you recieved a yankee candle like this would you consider it a 2nd or faulty and ask for a replacement.

3353807-0ExJQ.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
I wouldn’t consider it faulty but for the prices of yankees I would ask for a replacement. It wouldn’t bother me if it was a cheap candle. I’d expect a Yankee to be perfect considering how expensive they now are.
Edited by: "choccie32" 2nd Dec
Especially if it’s a gift
It's a gift for my sister, she loves Yankee candles and hasnt had an elevation one before. She keeps candles a while before burning as well and it's not what you expect to look at.

I'm told "As all of our stock that comes directly from Yankee is stored in a temperature controlled warehouse, which will cause the wax to contract and slightly pull away from the side".

There's issues with 2 sides and it looks like a dogs dinner. People buy Yankee candles for the fragrance and look.

To me there is a fault with it and is therefore a factory second. I'm told i've got to pay £3.50 to send this back (50% of what it's worth) so there is no chance of that.

I'm pretty annoyed i've been fobbed with this, and then have to pay to send it back. It's substandard.
Picture on their website shows what i was expecting and mine doesn't look this this (forget about the base on it, as that's just the top that ends up on the underneath of it.

39230155-Ee2VA.jpg
Also if you look at places like yankee bundles that sell factory 2nds from yankee, their 2nds look better quality than my candle.

yankeebundles.com/pro…ar/
Looks to me like it's melted (slightly) and then has re-set. I would return it.
Pandamansays02/12/2019 14:31

Looks to me like it's melted (slightly) and then has re-set. I would …Looks to me like it's melted (slightly) and then has re-set. I would return it.

The place i bought it from says i have to pay for the return. Do you think that's right?
m1keyp1key02/12/2019 14:34

The place i bought it from says i have to pay for the return. Do you think …The place i bought it from says i have to pay for the return. Do you think that's right?

No. I’d say to them it’s damaged rather than faulty and therefore you will not be left out of pocket, id also ask them for their return label. Doesn’t sound like a very good company you have ordered from.
choccie3202/12/2019 14:37

No. I’d say to them it’s damaged rather than faulty and therefore you will …No. I’d say to them it’s damaged rather than faulty and therefore you will not be left out of pocket, id also ask them for their return label. Doesn’t sound like a very good company you have ordered from.

I'm keeping their name off here for the time being. I told them i'd be posting pics of it over the internet and asking people their opinions on it and that me having to pay for postage was unacceptable. I'm awaiting their response and if they havent sorted it, i'm sending them a link to this and naming and shaming them.
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 2nd Dec
Is it that its melted again?. Can't really see as the photo is blurred.
Not really sure what's happened other than there is a load of white to the right of the label and all the way round the right side of the jar. They say it's where the wax has contracted from the side.

Either way it looks a mess and isn't what i bought (especially when seeing their pic).
The Two Ronnies knew best, always buy 4
It would be good if you had a decent picture as even a perfect one would look bad in that picture....
The picture is bad. Can't tell anything wrong.
Hard to tell from the blurry pic, but I have a candle from this range and it not only looked perfect when first bought , but also burns down flat too , I wouldn’t have purchased it in store if it wasn’t perfect , and would expect the same for an online purchase . I’m assuming you didn’t buy direct from Yankee , but I would message them to see what the official response is , sending a picture where you can see the problem . Incidentally did you send a clearer picture to the company you bought from , as I can see why they wouldn’t replace based on the above .
Did you pay via PayPal? If so, did you opt into the PayPal returns deal (10x returns free of charge a year)? lf so, return via the PayPal return postage refund free option
Thanks for the reply guys. The picture is terrible quality i know, but i was in a rush.

However you don't need a great quality pic to see what's wrong with it because its all the white rubbish to the right of the label that runs round to the right side as well.

The glass is supposed to be clear and you should be seeing the candle. The pic shows the glass is white.
In the end they offered me a refund with a free postage label to send it back.

Didn't really work for me as i paid £4 postage with some votives and then i have to source the same candle elsewhere and pay postage on that as well.

Ideally a replacement is the fairer option, but i've found amazon have an offer on some of these for £6 delivered so got a different one.

My sister will now get this manky one to burn, and a different one to look at for a while.
I would send your camera back first, unless the photo was taken with a toaster
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions