Found 18th Sep 2009
I recently dropped a lit candle on carpet and now i have a load of wax stuck on! It's just not coming off! Is there any way i can get this off?

19 Comments

i think you can put some kitchen roll on it and iron it on low heat an apparantly the wax melts and the towel soaks it up...so i hear

Original Poster

masterruckus;6327496

i think you can put some kitchen roll on it and iron it on low heat an … i think you can put some kitchen roll on it and iron it on low heat an apparantly the wax melts and the towel soaks it up...so i hear

wow thats clever! ill give that a try :thumbsup:

won't the kitchen roll burn though?

repped

masterruckus;6327496

i think you can put some kitchen roll on it and iron it on low heat an … i think you can put some kitchen roll on it and iron it on low heat an apparantly the wax melts and the towel soaks it up...so i hear

i did it to a handbag i got wax on. works a treat

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;6327504

stick a wick in the wax and burn it off

lol...theres loads of it, evenly spread...

im sure if you google it there will be an answer, dont know where i heard it from. an old wives tale so the wife tells me lol

hdizzle;6327505

wow thats clever! ill give that a try :thumbsup:won't the kitchen roll … wow thats clever! ill give that a try :thumbsup:won't the kitchen roll burn though?repped

thts why u use low heat :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Using ice cubes in a plastic bag, place on wax to set. the wax on carpets. Most of the wax can be picked off. On any remaining wax, put a clean absorbent cloth over the stain and iron. Remove any remaining stain by rubbing with methylated spirits, then shampoo.

brown paper and then iron over it

try a bag of frozen peas or such like on the affected area,leave it be for a couple on minutes,pick the most off,then lay brown paper (parcel paper) over the top of the area and iron on a low heat, the wax will melt into the paper

try using a nit comb to get off the worst and then use the iron and brown paper/clean cloth.

Original Poster

Thanks so much guys. This is what I'll do:

- Try to scrape off as much as possible with something sharpish
- Place a bag of ice over the area, and scrape what I can off
- Iron the area with a paper towel, and hopefully get the rest off

Thanks so much guys

Use brown paper and a warm iron, works better than kitchen roll but don't ask me why

hot iron on newspaper works

Yeah i say hot iron on newspaper like loupomm said or even an old kitchen towel,

Original Poster

thanks a lot!

hope you get it out:)

did you manage to sort lt?????

Original Poster

*roosterpots*;6330439

did you manage to sort lt?????

im just about to :thumbsup: thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2759
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming2030
    3. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA2099
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769517

See more discussions