Cannabis will be legal in the UK within 2 years

Found 11th Sep 2017
It will most likely start with medical use only.

All the signs seem to be pointing to this outcome -

1) The conservatives will want the young voters after Teresa May leaves.
2) Big businesses have seen the profit margins from the US.
3) The first cannabis expo is taking place in the UK this October.
4) £billions from tax and it will save the police hundreds of hours.
5) It will crush the black market, safer with regulated strengths, start research into cannabis cures for cancer.

Britain will join the US, Canada, Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Israel and others.

The biggest obstacle is the alcohol companies who have historically paid for false harm claims and fear mongering.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
What are the lottery numbers this week please whilst you're fortune telling?
Looking forward to those members who think cannabis is the most evil drug ever to come along
Can someone in Admin not just copy and paste over the 415 comments from this thread. It really will save a lot of time and tedium.
Aside from the medical/health issues, the simple fact is that cannabis being illegal DOES NOT magically make it go away. Anyone that wants it can get it.

All it does is allow criminal gangs to control a multiple billion pound trade in many parts of the country and encourages a focus on high strength/high yield/high profit skunk growth and sale.

And it also costs us billions to pointlessly police all this.

Beyond idiotic. Expensive, pointless, and ultimately things like this (that millions of Brits from all walks of life and generations use) encourages and profits criminality at the expensive of UK tax payers.
Edited by: "CaptainSocks" 12th Sep 2017
101 Comments
What are the lottery numbers this week please whilst you're fortune telling?
Looking forward to those members who think cannabis is the most evil drug ever to come along
rcpsych.ac.uk/hea…spx

From the above link from The Royal College of Psychiatrists:-

What is the risk to mental health?Depression

1600 Australian children aged 14 to 15 were studied for seven years. The ones who used cannabis every day were 5 times more likely to become depressed and anxious by the end of the study.

Schizophrenia

• If you start smoking cannabis before 15, you are 4 times more likely to develop a psychotic illness.
  • The more cannabis you use, the more likely you are to develop psychosis.
It isn't clear why cannabis use in adolescence seems to have such an effect, but it may be because the brain is still developing.

Is there such a thing as ‘cannabis psychosis’?Some people seem to get a short period of psychosis that is brought on by cannabis but which stops soon after the cannabis is stopped.

If it's so dangerous, why don't more of my friends get unwell?Probably because most people don't use cannabis before they are 15 and they don't go on smoking large amounts. Psychotic illness is quite unusual anyway – only about 1 in 200 people have it at any given time. Most of us probably don't know that many people so, even if cannabis does increase the risk, you aren't likely to notice an ”epidemic” among the people you know.

What about other effects?
  • Education: the connection isn't clear, but regular cannabis use does seem to affect how you do at school or college.
  • Employment: cannabis users are more likely to leave work without permission, spend work time on personal matters or daydream. Regular users report that it has interfered with their work and social life.
  • Driving: a recent study in France showed that cannabis users are more than twice as likely to be the cause of a fatal crash than to be one of the victims.
Cannabidiol is currently going through the process of getting a license for prescription on the NHS and hopefully that will approved in December, so many children that suffer seizures will see their standard of living and ability to learn sky rocket when finally this can be used, its proven especially useful for those with Dravet syndrome, but other conditions with epilepsy it will be effective for.

Obviously the right wing snowflakes on here will read cannabis and jump to ill informed - "All banned drugs are bad and lead to OAPs being mugged" but seriously this is and will be a life changer for so many children.

The rest about it being legal in cannabis form is pure conjecture at this point.
Original Poster
03-12-15-27-46-48 / 47

Lottery Numbers.
Edited by: "david_wavid" 11th Sep 2017
davewave24 m ago

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/healthadvice/problemsdisorders/cannabismentalhealthkey.aspxFrom the above link from The Royal College of Psychiatrists:-What is the risk to mental health?Depression1600 Australian children aged 14 to 15 were studied for seven years. The ones who used cannabis every day were 5 times more likely to become depressed and anxious by the end of the study.SchizophreniaIf you start smoking cannabis before 15, you are 4 times more likely to develop a psychotic illness.The more cannabis you use, the more likely you are to develop psychosis.It isn't clear why cannabis use in adolescence seems to have such an effect, but it may be because the brain is still developing.Is there such a thing as ‘cannabis psychosis’?Some people seem to get a short period of psychosis that is brought on by cannabis but which stops soon after the cannabis is stopped.If it's so dangerous, why don't more of my friends get unwell?Probably because most people don't use cannabis before they are 15 and they don't go on smoking large amounts. Psychotic illness is quite unusual anyway – only about 1 in 200 people have it at any given time. Most of us probably don't know that many people so, even if cannabis does increase the risk, you aren't likely to notice an ”epidemic” among the people you know.What about other effects?Education: the connection isn't clear, but regular cannabis use does seem to affect how you do at school or college.Employment: cannabis users are more likely to leave work without permission, spend work time on personal matters or daydream. Regular users report that it has interfered with their work and social life.Driving: a recent study in France showed that cannabis users are more than twice as likely to be the cause of a fatal crash than to be one of the victims.

Smoking dope whilst listening to death metal and using of Cannabidiol as a drug for seizures are poles part. A 14 with Dravet Syndrome isnt going to be depressed or anxious, they will possibly for the first time in their life be able to get through a day without a seizure.

These "facts" are only talking about smoking it, you do realise NHS wont be prescribing it to smoke.... not yet/if ever.
Edited by: "joanddan7" 11th Sep 2017
Can someone in Admin not just copy and paste over the 415 comments from this thread. It really will save a lot of time and tedium.
Original Poster
joanddan73 m ago

Cannabidiol is currently going through the process of getting a license …Cannabidiol is currently going through the process of getting a license for prescription on the NHS and hopefully that will approved in December, so many children that suffer seizures will see their standard of living and ability to learn sky rocket when finally this can be used, its proven especially useful for those with Dravet syndrome, but other conditions with epilepsy it will be effective for. Obviously the right wing snowflakes on here will read cannabis and jump to ill informed - "All banned drugs are bad and lead to OAPs being mugged" but seriously this is and will be a life changer for so many children.The rest about it being legal in cannabis form is pure conjecture at this point.

Its a life saver for Crohn's disease too amongst other deliberating diseases. Without doubt is has medical benefit and should be legalised for prescription use.
davewave10 m ago

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/healthadvice/problemsdisorders/cannabismentalhealthkey.aspxFrom the above link from The Royal College of Psychiatrists:-What is the risk to mental health?Depression1600 Australian children aged 14 to 15 were studied for seven years. The ones who used cannabis every day were 5 times more likely to become depressed and anxious by the end of the study.SchizophreniaIf you start smoking cannabis before 15, you are 4 times more likely to develop a psychotic illness.The more cannabis you use, the more likely you are to develop psychosis.It isn't clear why cannabis use in adolescence seems to have such an effect, but it may be because the brain is still developing.Is there such a thing as ‘cannabis psychosis’?Some people seem to get a short period of psychosis that is brought on by cannabis but which stops soon after the cannabis is stopped.If it's so dangerous, why don't more of my friends get unwell?Probably because most people don't use cannabis before they are 15 and they don't go on smoking large amounts. Psychotic illness is quite unusual anyway – only about 1 in 200 people have it at any given time. Most of us probably don't know that many people so, even if cannabis does increase the risk, you aren't likely to notice an ”epidemic” among the people you know.What about other effects?Education: the connection isn't clear, but regular cannabis use does seem to affect how you do at school or college.Employment: cannabis users are more likely to leave work without permission, spend work time on personal matters or daydream. Regular users report that it has interfered with their work and social life.Driving: a recent study in France showed that cannabis users are more than twice as likely to be the cause of a fatal crash than to be one of the victims.

Cannabis products would be regulated in line with alcohol, as it is in the US.
davewave12 m ago

I thought everyone was already aware of the negative effect. Thanks though
Cannabis will unlikely ever be legalised in this country, for recreational use anyway.
Extracts that can be produced by big business will obviously be allowed (as they currently are), but I think a generation or two are still too important to the ruling parties to alienate them by making wacky-backy as available as readily as a crate of John Smith's.
joanddan721 m ago

Smoking dope whilst listening to death metal and using of Cannabidiol as …Smoking dope whilst listening to death metal and using of Cannabidiol as a drug for seizures are poles part. A 14 with Dravet Syndrome isnt going to be depressed or anxious, they will possibly for the first time in their life be able to get through a day without a seizure.These "facts" are only talking about smoking it, you do realise NHS wont be prescribing it to smoke.... not yet/if ever.

Didn't realise you were a healthcare professional.
I'm a bit undecided on this one.
I can see the positives, especially the tax element, but where will it lead next?
Legalising prostitution? (Is that even a bad thing?).
davewave14 m ago

Didn't realise you were a healthcare professional.

I may not be but you clearly aren't as you don't know the difference between smoking pot and being medically prescribed Cannabidiol which you don't smoke and wouldn't have the same side effects, all drugs have side effects and nearly all of them say they can cause depression.

Each and every drug licensed by the NHS has a possible side effect list as long as my arm and most are, if taken incorrectly, far more harmful than Cannabidiol.

It's an inconvenient truth that you won't want to believe - but if you watched your child seizing 10/15 times a day and knew that Cannabidiol would have a profound and long lasting effect on you child you would probably understand the drug and its side effects and not just write it off cause cannabis is evil coz the law says so
Destard19 m ago

I'm a bit undecided on this one.I can see the positives, especially the …I'm a bit undecided on this one.I can see the positives, especially the tax element, but where will it lead next?Legalising prostitution? (Is that even a bad thing?).

I don't think that is a bad thing either.
Edited by: "CoeK" 11th Sep 2017
davewave43 m ago

Opium, heroin, morphine. Think about it.
Destard8 m ago

I'm a bit undecided on this one.I can see the positives, especially the …I'm a bit undecided on this one.I can see the positives, especially the tax element, but where will it lead next?Legalising prostitution? (Is that even a bad thing?).

seriously again - no one (to my knowledge) is talking about legalising the smoking of dope - not that has the power to actually do it (who knows in the future) but as a proper tested and registered drug - Cannabidiol - is something we need to be licensed.

It will not lead to an eroding of society, its no more harmful than so many licensed drugs the NHS use and for many many many people it is the only drug that is clinically proven to help.
david_wavid39 m ago

Its a life saver for Crohn's disease too amongst other deliberating …Its a life saver for Crohn's disease too amongst other deliberating diseases. Without doubt is has medical benefit and should be legalised for prescription use.

Which other diseases does Crohn's deliberate with? Do they have a chat room or forum? If so, can you provide a link?
Destard10 m ago

I've only seen positive outcomes from the decriminalisation of prostitution elsewhere, it's not exactly an unknown thing in the UK, so I couldn't imagine it being a world-ending change.
Graham and the Mail-ers will probably simultaneously explode though
Original Poster
Saturn4 m ago

Which other diseases does Crohn's deliberate with? Do they have a chat …Which other diseases does Crohn's deliberate with? Do they have a chat room or forum? If so, can you provide a link?

Typo 'debilitating'.
Edited by: "david_wavid" 11th Sep 2017
joanddan76 m ago

seriously again - no one (to my knowledge) is talking about legalising the …seriously again - no one (to my knowledge) is talking about legalising the smoking of dope - not that has the power to actually do it (who knows in the future) but as a proper tested and registered drug - Cannabidiol - is something we need to be licensed. It will not lead to an eroding of society, its no more harmful than so many licensed drugs the NHS use and for many many many people it is the only drug that is clinically proven to help.

I think you've mistaken me for someone else.
Erubadhron5 m ago

I've only seen positive outcomes from the decriminalisation of …I've only seen positive outcomes from the decriminalisation of prostitution elsewhere, it's not exactly an unknown thing in the UK, so I couldn't imagine it being a world-ending change.Graham and the Mail-ers will probably simultaneously explode though

Happy ending?
Destard3 m ago

Happy ending?

Quite literally
It's taken away the sordidness, the risk to everyone involved, the risk of disease etc.
Ironically everything that the Daily Mail readers detest about it, goes away when it's legalised...
Destard6 m ago

I think you've mistaken me for someone else.

No I was trying to say that the legalising of Cannabis - which in this county currently means the legalising/licensing of Cannabidiol is in no way like or leading to legalising of Prostitution, there is much scare mongering when it comes to cannabis but it is a very useful drug for many serious conditions and in many cases is the only drug that is found to help.

Drugs like Phenobarbital, Phenytoin are prescribed in this country freely without outcry and their impact on those taking it are far more harmful than Cannabidol - there are so many drugs licensed in this country that if taken recreationally are ridiculously addictive and harmful yet no one cares. For some reason though cannabis and its associated drugs are still seen as evil and that will somehow start the end of society if prescribed to someone who desperately needs it.
Erubadhron4 m ago

Quite literally It's taken away the sordidness, the risk to …Quite literally It's taken away the sordidness, the risk to everyone involved, the risk of disease etc.Ironically everything that the Daily Mail readers detest about it, goes away when it's legalised...

Anecdotal experience is always very valuable - thank you for the personal insight. I wonder if cannabis legalisation will be a similar success story in the UK.
I was gonna post a comment but then I got high
dataload2 m ago

I was gonna post a comment but then I got high

Ooooh-oooooooohhhh!
Saturn8 m ago

Anecdotal experience is always very valuable - thank you for the personal …Anecdotal experience is always very valuable - thank you for the personal insight. I wonder if cannabis legalisation will be a similar success story in the UK.

Are you implying I'm a prostitute?
Next thing you will be saying that you can get a legal version of heroin on prescription and will be served quickly and discreetly and in private whilst the old and disabled wait in the queue..
Wouldn't that cause queues of twitchers waiting for the chemist to open?
qbs2 m ago

Wouldn't that cause queues of twitchers waiting for the chemist to open? …Wouldn't that cause queues of twitchers waiting for the chemist to open?

Doubtful
davewave1 h, 47 m ago

Why have you picked only studies using children?
MSK.2 m ago

Why have you picked only studies using children?

They suited his opinion best...Possibly
Let's hope it does become legal. There'd be nothing more satisfying than seeing those chavs on mopeds out of business.
CoeK2 m ago

They suited his opinion best...Possibly

surely not.
MSK.1 m ago

surely not.

I make no judgements, just giving a possibility. One of many i'm sure.
KM435331 m ago

Let's hope it does become legal. There'd be nothing more satisfying than …Let's hope it does become legal. There'd be nothing more satisfying than seeing those chavs on mopeds out of business.

Won't they just start selling something else?
KM435348 m ago

Let's hope it does become legal. There'd be nothing more satisfying than …Let's hope it does become legal. There'd be nothing more satisfying than seeing those chavs on mopeds out of business.

I heard there was an ice cream van in Nottingham, playing drum & bass that sold more than just 99 flakes.
joanddan72 h, 34 m ago

I may not be but you clearly aren't as you don't know the difference …I may not be but you clearly aren't as you don't know the difference between smoking pot and being medically prescribed Cannabidiol which you don't smoke and wouldn't have the same side effects, all drugs have side effects and nearly all of them say they can cause depression. Each and every drug licensed by the NHS has a possible side effect list as long as my arm and most are, if taken incorrectly, far more harmful than Cannabidiol.It's an inconvenient truth that you won't want to believe - but if you watched your child seizing 10/15 times a day and knew that Cannabidiol would have a profound and long lasting effect on you child you would probably understand the drug and its side effects and not just write it off cause cannabis is evil coz the law says so

I quoted the Royal College of Psychiatrists rather than just my own thoughts as you did.
Deaa1 h, 0 m ago

Won't they just start selling something else?

Pizza?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants