Cannot believe people are selling FAKE sunglasses on here

Found 14th May 2009
Apart from the fact it is not allowed I am having backlash for it.Makes me laugh how ignorant people are to the fact that no UV protection is so damaging to your eyes!
hotukdeals.com/ite…943

41 Comments

report him, name calling on here people ahve been suspended and into trouble for it report the thread

how do you know?

Original Poster

mum2b;5211285

]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/397110/oakley-sunglasses-blue-trim-for-sal/?p=5210943#post5210943

Thanks guys

Original Poster

strike;5211306

how do you know?

He has admitted they are fakes!Tried selling them for £45 I think.Then he was caught out and dropped price to £12

Original Poster

shosie;5211304

report him, name calling on here people ahve been suspended and into … report him, name calling on here people ahve been suspended and into trouble for it report the thread

Do you think I should report the abuse?I have reported post by mods obviously not seen yet.....

cant seem him admitting anywhere

maybe your in the wrong

why make a post, cant you just report the post if you felel it breaks the rules?

Original Poster

strike;5211336

cant seem him admitting anywheremaybe your in the wrongwhy make a post, … cant seem him admitting anywheremaybe your in the wrongwhy make a post, cant you just report the post if you felel it breaks the rules?

I like discussion and I HAVE reported it.....why should some idiot get away with risking damaging innocent peoples eyes.....dont write on my post then

Original Poster

This is where he admitted it after being told Oakleys have model on glasses arm: doesnt say anything

can't really guarantee authenticity now if theres meant to be a code :s, so price lowered to £12? incl delivery

or mods delete if this is not allowed??? - i bought thme from a respected department store in Germany, the equivalent of debenhams has case and all that but no code :s

He does admit it in not so many words when asked for the number:

Tamudo;5203977

doesnt say anything :thinking:can't really guarantee authenticity now if … doesnt say anything :thinking:can't really guarantee authenticity now if theres meant to be a code :s, so price lowered to £12? incl deliveryor mods delete if this is not allowed??? - i bought thme from a respected department store in Germany, the equivalent of debenhams has case and all that but no code :s

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;5211383

He does admit it in not so many words when asked for the number:

Cheer mate

Original Poster

strike;5211386

you are just assuming thisi will post

No assumption mate he has stated that he cannot prove

If I bought an expensive pair of sunglasses that I believed were genuine, there's no way I would lower my price from £45 to £12 just because someone questioned them.

Seems fishy to me.

gemmyw;5211334

Do you think I should report the abuse?I have reported post by mods … Do you think I should report the abuse?I have reported post by mods obviously not seen yet.....

yeah why shouldnt you

He deserves to be banned if they are fakes, this sort of thing needs clamping down on.
Await mods actions

skusey;5211524

He deserves to be banned if they are fakes, this sort of thing needs … He deserves to be banned if they are fakes, this sort of thing needs clamping down on.Await mods actions

+1 people have been banned for less.

Original Poster

ChipSticks;5211447

If I bought an expensive pair of sunglasses that I believed were genuine, … If I bought an expensive pair of sunglasses that I believed were genuine, there's no way I would lower my price from £45 to £12 just because someone questioned them. Seems fishy to me.

My point exactly,....thanks mate

Original Poster

skusey;5211524

He deserves to be banned if they are fakes, this sort of thing needs … He deserves to be banned if they are fakes, this sort of thing needs clamping down on.Await mods actions

Glad people agree I mean fake handbags not such a problem....they dont damage your health.....and fake GHD's-dont even get me started on them!Grrrr

Original Poster

shosie;5211536

+1 people have been banned for less.

The post is under review now=phew!

Banned

been dealt with now, the abuse you can get in the fs boards is quite normal

Original Poster

sassie;5211582

been dealt with now, the abuse you can get in the fs boards is quite … been dealt with now, the abuse you can get in the fs boards is quite normal

I dont like it.....

gemmyw;5211601

I dont like it.....

Nah dont think anyone does but thats just one of them things

Banned

Shady

init

gemmyw;5211601

I dont like it.....

Don't visit the fs boards then. Problem solved.

gemmyw;5211574

The post is under review now=phew!

@gemmy Also you are 100% correct here.... regarding your comment earlier...

''When you wear sunglasses, your pupils widen to accept more light. So, if you don’t wear the right protective sunglasses, you are better off not wearing sunglasses at all. There really isn’t any guarantee what kind of UV protection those lenses have (if any at all).''

Total eye killers.... No fakes have 100% UV protection, any long term usage will cause you eye problems, these lenses fool your pupil into opening because of the shading....

No UV protection at all will cause severe problems, not worth damaging your eyes for....

maxmix

maxmix;5216293

No fakes have 100% UV protection

Proof?

Shengis;5216298

Proof?

I know :thumbsup:

Even so lol

1st Google

popularglasses.com/blo…tml

2nd Google

impostercity.com/blo…es/

3rd etc.... But BTW Check out the fake sites lol they will tell you different

stabroeknews.com/200…29/

maxmix

Be wary of the UV-400 labels also, all the fakes have no protection, just a tint coating...

Some high end replicas will have a degree of protection, but is it worth chancing ?

It's not as if it's a watch, belt or bag your buying etc ;-)

Well no actual proof there. They basically say "Fake sunglasses may lack any UV protection". The same can be said for any pair of sunglasses whether they have a sticker claiming otherwise or not. The point i'm making is you can warn people of the possible danger but not make unfounded accusations. The pair that prompted this thread may well be 100%*

*although 'probably' not.

Shengis;5216322

Well no actual proof there. They basically say "Fake sunglasses may lack … Well no actual proof there. They basically say "Fake sunglasses may lack any UV protection". The same can be said for any pair of sunglasses whether they have a sticker claiming otherwise or not. The point i'm making is you can warn people of the possible danger but not make unfounded accusations. The pair that prompted this thread may well be 100%* :)*although 'probably' not.

Well from a £40 odd original sale dropped to £12 (I think it was) I think that says it all !

I think the word needed here is 'Rumbled' :w00t:

maxmix

maxmix;5216330

Well from a £40 odd original sale dropped to £12 (I think it was) I think … Well from a £40 odd original sale dropped to £12 (I think it was) I think that says it all !I think the word needed here is 'Rumbled' :w00t:maxmix

Oh I agree, not arguing that the original €65 was most likely an 'exaggeration' shall we say:lol:

I'm more interested in the tabloid style representation going on in this thread about UV protection as there's no proof one way or another that what you buy is 'as stated' so likewise no proof that it's not:thumbsup:

Shengis;5216336

Oh I agree, not arguing that the original €65 was most likely an ' … Oh I agree, not arguing that the original €65 was most likely an 'exaggeration' shall we say:lol:I'm more interested in the tabloid style representation going on in this thread about UV protection as there's no proof one way or another that what you buy is 'as stated' so likewise no proof that it's not:thumbsup:

Like the Halal chicken thread lol Who knows ? not even the chicken knew....

L8r

maxmix

Original Poster

Shengis;5216336

Oh I agree, not arguing that the original €65 was most likely an ' … Oh I agree, not arguing that the original €65 was most likely an 'exaggeration' shall we say:lol:I'm more interested in the tabloid style representation going on in this thread about UV protection as there's no proof one way or another that what you buy is 'as stated' so likewise no proof that it's not:thumbsup:

If you cannot afford to buy real designers...dont buy fakes that what I say. I am not a tabloid worker, I m an NHS worker.....
If you buy from a shop and they sell sunglasses claiming to be 100% UV they will be..
A website selling fakes..........I think anyone in their right mind would question the UV protection

Original Poster

maxmix;5216340

Like the Halal chicken thread lol Who knows ? not even the chicken … Like the Halal chicken thread lol Who knows ? not even the chicken knew....L8rmaxmix

Nice one mate...tried to leave you some feedback but it seems I have given out too much in the last 24 hours!LOL

Banned

I get what your saying Gemmy, it's a good point to raise as most people don't realise fakes are indeed useless, and think what's the difference, knock off from the same factories or whatever.
Retail glasses do have uv protection and do by law have to provide the protection they state at POS. I would be very suprised if fakes offered any protection, I read an article on it once, suprise, suprise all tested did not.
Wearing fake sunglasses is about as useless as a chocloate fire guard. MOst people however see sunglasses as fashion accessories, not as a accessory to your health.
Fake sunglasses are awful anyway, I have 3 genuine pairs, versace, CD, Valentino, that I have saved and collected over the years, and fakes look crap in comparison.

gemmyw;5217258

If you cannot afford to buy real designers...dont buy fakes that what I … If you cannot afford to buy real designers...dont buy fakes that what I say. I am not a tabloid worker, I m an NHS worker.....If you buy from a shop and they sell sunglasses claiming to be 100% UV they will be..A website selling fakes..........I think anyone in their right mind would question the UV protection

Well according to the seller...

"i bought thme from a respected department store in Germany, the equivalent of debenhams"

So not a website.

What did the seller actually say when you PM'd them asking about the UV protection?

what a non issue from a bunch of babies, just don't buy'em then............lame

gemmyw;5217266

Nice one mate...tried to leave you some feedback but it seems I have … Nice one mate...tried to leave you some feedback but it seems I have given out too much in the last 24 hours!LOL

lol I am in no hurry....

maxmix

Original Poster

Alfonse;5218702

what a non issue from a bunch of babies, just don't buy'em … what a non issue from a bunch of babies, just don't buy'em then............lame

You are rude

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;5217478

I get what your saying Gemmy, it's a good point to raise as most people … I get what your saying Gemmy, it's a good point to raise as most people don't realise fakes are indeed useless, and think what's the difference, knock off from the same factories or whatever.Retail glasses do have uv protection and do by law have to provide the protection they state at POS. I would be very suprised if fakes offered any protection, I read an article on it once, suprise, suprise all tested did not.Wearing fake sunglasses is about as useless as a chocloate fire guard. MOst people however see sunglasses as fashion accessories, not as a accessory to your health.Fake sunglasses are awful anyway, I have 3 genuine pairs, versace, CD, Valentino, that I have saved and collected over the years, and fakes look crap in comparison.

Thanks hun.....your right

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. CEX grading55
  2. Advice on claiming from Salford Council pot hole damage55
  3. Best/cheapest music service69
  4. meaning of op33

See more discussions