cannot get iphone to connect to wi-wf

Found 19th Jun 2009
Just got my iphone 3gs today and cannot connect it to my wi-fi, it finds my router but upon enterering the password it comes back saying failed to connect and have have checked the password so know that is correct.

Anyone else have this problem

Router was provided by SKY

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
8 Comments

Should av got a proper fone!!

Banned

What method of encryption is the modem using?

Original Poster

guv;5536503

What method of encryption is the modem using?

Not sure as the router that you get from SKY you cannot go into any settings as it all comes all pre-set up so you cant even access any part of the settings at all which is a pain

When you enter the password remebember that it is "case specific" .That means you have to either enter capitals or lower case whatever your router shows,:thumbsup:

tonyg1962;5536781

When you enter the password remebember that it is "case specific" .That … When you enter the password remebember that it is "case specific" .That means you have to either enter capitals or lower case whatever your router shows,:thumbsup:

Exactly what I was going to say, the standard SKY passwords are usually in CAPS!

Banned

i think i know what it is-

make sure the DATE/TIME on your Iphone is up to date.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;5536781

When you enter the password remebember that it is "case specific" .That … When you enter the password remebember that it is "case specific" .That means you have to either enter capitals or lower case whatever your router shows,:thumbsup:

Thanks, that sorted it
Thought it was going to be a complex problem as my sky router has played up in the past with my ps3 had had to mess about with ps3 settings to get on
Rep added:thumbsup:

Original Poster

iCodd;5536832

Exactly what I was going to say, the standard SKY passwords are usually … Exactly what I was going to say, the standard SKY passwords are usually in CAPS!

Sorted, cheers
rep added
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?89
    2. word association Game74244939
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    4. Add one, leave one game54415485

See more discussions