cannot make a choice between ring video or tp-link kc200

Posted 15th Dec 2019
does anyone have experience of these?
ideally lookinh for something easy to setup without having to pay through the nose for subscription every month
thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
The Tp link is fantastic in my experience. It’s been connected to my router for about 3 months and has never dropped offline.

Also, TP link’s cloud service is free as it’s currently in Public beta, and has been for over a year so you get unlimited storage for 30days for free. When they actually activate it properly you will get two days free and then they will automatically delete the files. (You can subscribe for more) However you can download to your device before this happens to keep them. Their cloud service works perfectly in my opinion. I have cameras, bulbs and sockets all with them.
ArcadeAssassin15/12/2019 23:52

The Tp link is fantastic in my experience. It’s been connected to my r …The Tp link is fantastic in my experience. It’s been connected to my router for about 3 months and has never dropped offline. Also, TP link’s cloud service is free as it’s currently in Public beta, and has been for over a year so you get unlimited storage for 30days for free. When they actually activate it properly you will get two days free and then they will automatically delete the files. (You can subscribe for more) However you can download to your device before this happens to keep them. Their cloud service works perfectly in my opinion. I have cameras, bulbs and sockets all with them.

that sounds fantastic.thanks arcadeassassin.

the only one thing that puts me off is that it could be easily stolen if kept too low. is my assumption incorrect?
KOGONAI16/12/2019 13:57

that sounds fantastic.thanks arcadeassassin.the only one thing that puts …that sounds fantastic.thanks arcadeassassin.the only one thing that puts me off is that it could be easily stolen if kept too low. is my assumption incorrect?

Yes, like anything i suppose. But at least it might make a burglar move on to another property if they see it.

However, if they do steal it, at least you'll get good footage on the cloud of the person walking up to it and removing it.
ArcadeAssassin16/12/2019 14:03

Yes, like anything i suppose. But at least it might make a burglar move on …Yes, like anything i suppose. But at least it might make a burglar move on to another property if they see it.However, if they do steal it, at least you'll get good footage on the cloud of the person walking up to it and removing it.

i thought ring replaces the product if someone steals it. this might be my imagination

although i am very tempted with the price for the kc200 at £79.99
KOGONAI16/12/2019 14:14

i thought ring replaces the product if someone steals it. this might be my …i thought ring replaces the product if someone steals it. this might be my imaginationalthough i am very tempted with the price for the kc200 at £79.99

Sorry, I don't know much about ring products to be honest so cant help there. Just an avid supporter of the TP Link stuff.
ArcadeAssassin16/12/2019 14:17

Sorry, I don't know much about ring products to be honest so cant help …Sorry, I don't know much about ring products to be honest so cant help there. Just an avid supporter of the TP Link stuff.

and i completely understand why.so much easier to setup
wouldnt reccomend ring, I bought my brother one for christmas last year and apparently it was a lot of hassle and customer service is rubbish
devil_tez16/12/2019 15:39

wouldnt reccomend ring, I bought my brother one for christmas last year …wouldnt reccomend ring, I bought my brother one for christmas last year and apparently it was a lot of hassle and customer service is rubbish

thanks devilk_tez.it is helpful when actual customers/buyers provide feedback
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions